Community
Machining Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on milling certain area on this part.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
271 Views, 1 Reply

Help on milling certain area on this part.

Hello everyone new to InventorHsm and fist time posting on here was hoping i can get some help.

Im Looking to see if i can make 2D Adaptive machine out a certain area of the selective section.

For Stock im using an L angle and have it set up on hsm as a square stock. im trying to cut only the back part without having to go from one side to the other cutting air is there a way to do this. sorry if this isn't really clear.

1.PNG

Here On the top Toolpath it cuts air untill it reaches the back wall is it possible to avoid this? thanks.

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Laurens-3DTechDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone new to InventorHsm and fist time posting on here was hoping i can get some help.

Im Looking to see if i can make 2D Adaptive machine out a certain area of the selective section.

For Stock im using an L angle and have it set up on hsm as a square stock. im trying to cut only the back part without having to go from one side to the other cutting air is there a way to do this. sorry if this isn't really clear.

1.PNG

Here On the top Toolpath it cuts air untill it reaches the back wall is it possible to avoid this? thanks.

Capture.PNG

Best and easiest way probably to model the stock true to what you are using.

If you do that you can use a 3D Adaptive and rest machining to make it only cut stock.

Or selecting the the top two edges. Like I think you did now with the bottom ones. And set the bottom height down.

So you cut that first and then cut the bottom with your current program.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report