Did you mean: 

Bore3 suggestions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Vohnsen
334 Views, 5 Replies

Bore3 suggestions

Hello

I am using Bore3 quite often and i would like there to be a select all holes same diameter.. makes no sence its not there when its there in drilling ops.

Another thing is the lead to center function is really unreliable.. 

It does not start in center when doing the finish pass.. that would be nice if it did so we all know whats going on... the problem is both with and without radius compensation.

also it would be nice to have a way to disable the ramp/rough and only do the fininsh pass. 

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ArjanDijk
in reply to: Vohnsen

I think you make a fair point, the same goes for thread and circular pocket. They all could use "same diameter". For now you can try Bore milling cycle in a drilling operation and dependent of your machine you can output a cycle or just G1s, but at least you can use "select same diameter"

Inventor HSM and Fusion 360 CAM trainer and postprocessor builder in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Message 3 of 6
MattWallaceVRTX
in reply to: Vohnsen

First, I agree on the "select same diameter" point.  I just tried making it a drilling op first, then making a derived bore operation- didn't work.  Trying to copy the geometry didn't work either.

In HSMWorks, at least, you can select the feature out of the feature tree, or you can use a face selection filter and window select all the holes.  Both these methods might be low effort workarounds for the bulk of your needs.

Message 4 of 6

@Arjancncmachineworks wrote:

I think you make a fair point, the same goes for thread and circular pocket. They all could use "same diameter". For now you can try Bore milling cycle in a drilling operation and dependent of your machine you can output a cycle or just G1s, but at least you can use "select same diameter"

Or just G2/G3 moves.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 5 of 6

Yes... for the love of god dont make G01 in a circular movement.. i cant stand when a cam program does that... i like clean programs when i am doing simple 2D stuff.

Message 6 of 6

@Vohnsen wrote:

Yes... for the love of god dont make G01 in a circular movement.. i cant stand when a cam program does that... i like clean programs when i am doing simple 2D stuff.

The bore milling in drill does that so don't worry.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report