Analysis

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
LordFrederik
552 Views, 12 Replies

Analysis

Hello there,

I´m running Inventor Professional 2016 and I wonder if there is any type of analysis in CAM Module, to analyze differences from original model.

Let me explain.

I made a simple model, then created 2 part mold and now I´m milling the individual molds. I want to analyze, how different is the mold created by milling form the original model. Something like surface analysis or something like that, but i Couldn´t find any.

Thanks for you answers.

Cheers!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

the only comparison would be the part comparision in simulation. Another option would be to export the simulated stock as an STL, use mesh enabler to create this into a solid in Inventor and insert both components into an assembly. You could then ground and root both components and compare the models. I dont know how accurate the STL would be though..

Message 3 of 13

I found the comparison in the simulation to be better than the .stl.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 4 of 13

Yeah, the simulation part comparison is much better. STL was the only other option I could think of. And you have to wait for quite a while whilst the mesh enabler tries to convert the STL :(. A stock to solid/suface body option would be good, but I think i'm dreaming there!

Message 5 of 13

We can all dream once in a while.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 6 of 13

4 - 5 Axis

Message 7 of 13

How do I run the part comparison in simulation ? I have hard time finding it.

Message 8 of 13
jeff.walters
in reply to: LordFrederik

When you’re in the simulation you need to turn the stock on, set the mode to standard, and you will see the show part comparison check box at the bottom. The colors are blue (stock remaining). Red (over cutting), and Gray (to size).

compair.png

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 9 of 13
ArjanDijk

Are you running Inventor HSM Express? Its only availabe in the full version

Inventor HSM and Fusion 360 CAM trainer and postprocessor builder in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Message 10 of 13
LordFrederik
in reply to: jeff.walters

I have set all as mr. jeff.walters said but I don´t think i actualy managed to get that kind of perfect surface. I was expecting some rings all over the mold, because of Ball mill i used in finishing operation... Don ´t know how reliable this simulation is...

Simulation

Message 11 of 13
jeff.walters

By the red showing it looks like you are getting what you’re looking for, except the model is covering it up. Try changing your model display to wireframe and see what you get.

Jeff Walters
Message 12 of 13
LordFrederik
in reply to: jeff.walters

Absolutely nothing 😄 I can ´t even get that little island of red since I changed to wireframe 😄 Simulation doesn´t seems to work anymore, even with regular model view...

Message 13 of 13
jeff.walters

Is it possible for you to post your file? Your model view shouldn’t have any effect on the simulation. You should be able to turn the part visibility off and still run the simulation.

Jeff Walters

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report