Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Prallel Milling Problem

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
engr.adnan_pk
492 Views, 10 Replies

3D Prallel Milling Problem

i am using inventor HSM 2016. i use 1.5 ball nose to machies the following curvatures with 3D Parallel milling stratagy..Insted of doing parallel milling tool behaviour change to drilling in some points. how to overcome this problem? inventor file is attached.....1.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
makko74
in reply to: engr.adnan_pk

Hi,

Possibility Number 1:

Add the Top Surface to the Avoid/Touch Surfaces

möglichkeit1.JPG

Possibility Number 2.

Add the Top Surface to the Model Surfaces and on the Heights Tap - Top Height - Top Offset eg: -0.001mm

möglichkeit2.JPG

there are surely more Possibilitys.

mario

InfoInventor CAM(Ultimate) user --- Inventor Professional 2021.2 + Inventor CAM Ultimate 8.1.2.21785
Message 3 of 11
engr.adnan_pk
in reply to: makko74

I Add the Top Surface to the Avoid/Touch Surfaces, but this will leave a step on top of the job.

Message 4 of 11
makko74

Then try the second one

möglichkeit2_1.JPG

For comparison with possibility 1

möglichkeit1_1.JPG

mario

InfoInventor CAM(Ultimate) user --- Inventor Professional 2021.2 + Inventor CAM Ultimate 8.1.2.21785
Message 5 of 11
engr.adnan_pk

both are not working.....i checked

Message 6 of 11
makko74

Sorry then i can not help. Your question was how to prevent drilling.

better you ask @Rob.Lockwood, Rob is a preeminent in this field, you can look here.

mario

Message 7 of 11
engr.adnan_pk

second worked but after i add the top surface as model surface. i will check it on my VMC (ecoline Ecomill 1035 DMG Mori with Seimens 840d controller) and then tell you.......Thanks

Message 8 of 11
engr.adnan_pk

what is the logic behind

Possibility Number 2.

Add the Top Surface to the Model Surfaces and on the Heights Tap - Top Height - Top Offset eg: -0.001mm

why by adding -.001 on top height top offset will stop tool to remain parallel.....?

Message 9 of 11
makko74

I hope you understand my bad english, it may be better if someone with better knowledge of English explains.

You have just only selected Model surfaces and not the Setup Model, so HSM is only looking at this surfaces on toolpath calculation.

the tool path calculation is performed in tool direction between top height and bottom height but all selected surfaces in tool direction from Retract height down to Bottom Height are considered.

Top Face in your example is on zero, to take it into toolpath calculation you must select it and set the top height a little bit deeper (  -0.001 ) to prevent it from processing.

So HSM knows that it must take the surface into the toolpath calculation but must start with the toolpath calculation at -0.001mm.

mario

Message 10 of 11
engr.adnan_pk

very helpful thanks

Message 11 of 11
makko74

When it is not logic there are also the way with boundarys. ( Possibility Number 3: Many roads lead to Rome. )

Draw a large rectangle on a new sketch as outer boundary ( Large enough that the tool has space between part and rectangle )

take the Top Face as inner Boundary, processing is then between this boundarys.

no need for choose Model Surfaces, let your Avoid/Touch Surfaces how they are

möglichkeit3.JPG

Additional Offset >0, then there is a smoother transition to your Top surface

möglichkeit3_1.JPG

möglichkeit3_2.JPG

Now you can choose the best solution for you

mario

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report