Community
Lighting & Solar Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight 360 Lighting & Solar Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the option to generate the Lighting Analysis Results Summary?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
beralco
836 Views, 5 Replies

Where is the option to generate the Lighting Analysis Results Summary?

To whom it may concern,

I am running the lighting analysis through the Insight 360.  But, I realized that the Lighting Analysis button (or option) that was previously displayed in the LIGHTING icon in the Insight 360 is gone.  (This opened the results from the LEED analysis and applied them to the 3D model).  Please, could you tell me where did this option move to?

Kind regards,

José Luis Bermúdez Alcocer, Ph.D., M.Arch., B.Arch.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mstein7484
in reply to: beralco

Hi @beralco

With the new version of the Lighting Analysis tool one icon functions to both create a new analyses, and generate the reports of the completed analyses. The completed Analyses will appear on the drop-down of the Lighting Analysis dialog window. To view the results, select the analysis from the drop-down list. It will say "Generate Results" next to the name. Click "Go." This will not rerun the analysis and you will not be charged any cloud credits, it will just generate the results for you to view in the Revit model.

Let us know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 6
beralco
in reply to: mstein7484

Dear Ms. Stein,

Thank you for your time and help!

Kind regards,

José Luis Bermúdez Alcocer, Ph.D., M.Arch., B.Arch.

Message 4 of 6
mstein7484
in reply to: beralco

You are very welcome!

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 5 of 6
jmission
in reply to: mstein7484

Hello,

I have the same problem and I do not see a dropdown list when I hover my cursor over the "Lighting" icon.

Is there a plug-in that I might be missing?

Thank you,

Eduardo

Message 6 of 6
marjoriestein
in reply to: jmission

Hi @jmission

The Lighting icon no longer has a drop-down menu for generating existing analysis results. Click on the icon to launch Lighting Analysis. In the dialog window you'll see the options to either start a new analysis, or generate the results from a previous analysis. The names of all previous analyses will appear on the dropdown list.

Regards,
Marjorie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report