Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher 2016 hyperlinks

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
wkoehn
637 Views, 3 Replies

Publisher 2016 hyperlinks

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible in Publisher to create hyperlinks that would link to another section? For example, in a parts book you would have a top level assembly and have links to jump to exploded views of the subassemblies.

Thanks,

Wade

Win10 Pro 64Bit | PDSU 2016 | Vault Pro 2016
SuperMicro X10SRA | Xeon E5-1650v3 3.5 Ghz 6 core | 32 Gb ram
(1) Samsung 850 Pro | (2) Samsung 950 Pro | EVGA GTX 980 Ti
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Huan.Yu_Autodesk
in reply to: wkoehn

Hello Wade,

Thank you for the question.

Could you please help me better understand your requirement?

1. What's your output format? Word, PDF, web/mobile, etc.?
  2. It seems the hyperlinks work like bookmarks which can take you to the page you want within the document?
  3. In Inventor Publisher, where do you want to put the hyperlinks? In the label/Callout?

Thank you!

-Huan

Message 3 of 4
wkoehn
in reply to: Huan.Yu_Autodesk

Huan,

1. What's your output format? Word, PDF, web/mobile, etc.?

Our output format would be PDF or web/mobile. PDF is still preferred because many of our machines are in areas where there is limited internet access.

2. It seems the hyperlinks work like bookmarks which can take you to the page you want within the document?

This is exactly what I am hoping for. To be able to have my top level assembly on the first page of the document and hyperlinks from there to other pages which would detail the subassemblies.

3. In Inventor Publisher, where do you want to put the hyperlinks? In the label/Callout?

In the callout preferably but I will probably have a BOM list on each page so if that was the only place to put a hyperlink I could make that work also.

Win10 Pro 64Bit | PDSU 2016 | Vault Pro 2016
SuperMicro X10SRA | Xeon E5-1650v3 3.5 Ghz 6 core | 32 Gb ram
(1) Samsung 850 Pro | (2) Samsung 950 Pro | EVGA GTX 980 Ti
Message 4 of 4
Huan.Yu_Autodesk
in reply to: wkoehn

Hi Wade,

Thank you for providing more information.
Currently Inventor Publisher doesn't support this workflow.
I have logged this feature request in our issue tracking system for future consideration.

Thanks,

-Huan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report