Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert file failed

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
afuscozx
574 Views, 4 Replies

Insert file failed

Keep getting "Insert file failed" when trying to load .iam's as well as some individual .ipt's

I have been able to load some .iam's and some .ipt's, but most get the error "Insert file failed"

I have added the project file in the options menu and installed the Service Pack update for Publisher 2015, but still no luck.

Using Inventor Publisher 2015 and Inventor Professional 2016 (recently updated from 2014).

Am I missing something?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
na.miao
in reply to: afuscozx

hi Anthony, 

We can't insert the asssembly created in inventor 2016 to publisher 2015, you need install publisher 2016 to support inventor 2016. we just realese it recently.

you can get it from Autodesk eStore for access.

Thank you 

Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA
Message 3 of 5
cts2013
in reply to: na.miao

Can anybody confirm that Publisher 2016 is available from that link? My browser goes to the UK site (cos I'm in the UK) but I can only see Publisher 2015. I am wondering if just the UK site has not been updated....

That's twice I have seen AD staff posting the same link that, for me, doesn't show 2016.

- - - > Publisher 2016 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
Quadro K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win10 64bit
Message 4 of 5

I highly recommend using Solidworks instead. Inventor's studio environment is simply horrific and not work the headache. Believe me. Free yourself.

Message 5 of 5

Inventor studio AND Inventor Publisher**

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report