Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENHANCEMENTS BADLY NEEDED

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BLHDrafting
944 Views, 3 Replies

ENHANCEMENTS BADLY NEEDED

Just started using Publisher 2013 and I have found functionality missing. Below are some enhancement requests I would like to see in the software, some of which may have already been covered :-

1. Configurable mouse wheel zoom direction
  2. Be able to set the background/sytle/shadows etc on the first Snapshot and push it to all following snapshots, at the end of the snapshot series or any time after the initial start of the session. I just had to change these 3 settings for 30 odd snapshots,
  3. Make the items outside of the Publish Area disappear (seeing them just confuses the display)
  4. Have control of font, size, colour, bold/italic and such on Callouts
  5. Be able to move a sub-assy, not just it's parts. Having to select each of the sub-assy parts and group move them is a pain. Have not tried issuing MOVE from model tree - this may work?
  6. Remove (configuration/Application Options?) the transparency of stuff. Again it complicates the display!
  7. Have the model tree (canvas?) fully docked (like Inventor) and not transparent
  8. Add (improve?) the range of and use of dimensions
  9. Enhance the GUI so it is more Inventor like. It's way different and not intuitive (I guess this product is heading down the Fusion path - a turn off for me)
  10. Improve the "grip" when placing a Callout and when wanting to move that callout arrow. It's a dog!
  11. Make it more intuitive with Vault. If I have opened from a Project then adding images and such should point back to the project, not to root directory of C drive or to My Documents. Same when publishing Images or PDF or movie, it should know I the project and sub-folder I am in.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
irene.chen
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your feedback, please see my comments below,

1. This is a wishlist in our tracking system,

2. Inventor Publisher has already have this function, you can right clck  the current snapshot and select Set Affected Snapshots> All Snapshots

3. It depands on which output you used.

4. For the annotation font, size, color, bold,etc, you can do the change on the Annotation tab in the Ribbon.

5. When you have the sub-assy selected, and then use move button, then it works.

6. I can't understand what's the meaning of it

7. As design, I will add it as wishlist to our issue tracking system.

8. Dimension improvement? could you add more detail information about this? what do you want?

9.10,11 Need more information

Thanks

Irene

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 3 of 4
sstjacque

Add to this, the ability to use design representations from the assembly model. This would make Publisher some much more useful. They are already created in the Inventor model and ready to be used in a presentaion, but I can access them. If I'm missing something, please advise.

Steve

Message 4 of 4
peggy.wang

Hello Steve,

You suggestion is counted, and i have added your comments into issue Nov-6181, It is a wishlist to support Non-master Position Represition import from Inventor.

Peggy

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report