Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D PDF Export not displaying properties in object data pane

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bglass
905 Views, 6 Replies

3D PDF Export not displaying properties in object data pane

Hello,

I have a model open in Publisher 2016 that has properties associated with each part from the parent model. These show up very well in the parts list feature, but when I export them to a 3D PDF or IPM, they do not display the properties of the part. The PDF doesn't display the properties in the object data pane under the model tree, and on the IPM viewer on Android, I click the part and it says it has no properties. The demo models that come with the phone app have the properties show up when the part is clicked.

I have had no luck finding a solution on the internet, please help! 2 screenshots attached.

Thanks,

Becky

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Huan.Yu_Autodesk
in reply to: bglass

Hello Becky,

At this point, part properties can not be exported and displayed in 3D PDF.

But if you publish to ipm and open the ipm in the mobile viewer, double click the part, you will be able to see the full part properties.

Please have a try. Thanks.

-Huan

Message 3 of 7
bglass

As stated previously, the IPM does not display the properties either.
Message 4 of 7
Huan.Yu_Autodesk

OK. Could you please send me a private message to let me know your email address? So I can send you a request to upload your ipb file if you can share.

I can take a look at the issue with your ipb file. Thank you!

-Huan
Message 5 of 7
bglass

I saw this a few days ago but never tried it. I will give it a shot now to see if it answers my questions below.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-publisher/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015...

Message 6 of 7
Huan.Yu_Autodesk

Yes, please have a try and let me know if this works for you.
Thank you!

-Huan
Message 7 of 7
bglass
in reply to: Huan.Yu_Autodesk

Solution/Summary:

• The above method helped me limit the properties to display only what I want, but they will only display once you upload them to the A360 drive. Publishing locally will not diplay the properties.
  • There are no capabilities yet to publish to PDF while showing properties in the PDF properties pane.

Thank you Huan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report