Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my Inventor Macro?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
jR0sal3s
1359 Views, 11 Replies

Where's my Inventor Macro?

Hello all....

I hope somebody can help me on this.

I have directed my Default VBA project to where my .ivb is through Tools/App Options/File tab and Default VBA project.

Now, when i tried to set my shortcut through, Customize User Commands/Keyboard/Macros category - it is empty and couldn't find any of my macros!...

I have it working before...and with other computers, but i got this issue with one computer...so, What did i missed?

Regards..

JR

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi,

What is the file-size of your .ivb file, you are loading?

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 12

Should it matter....? Its 1243 kb only.

What i don't understand is that the macro is working in the other computer, however with the other two computers, it is not. It is just because i couldn't just see the macro.

Perhaps, the program that reads vba is corrupted?

Message 4 of 12
GeorgK
in reply to: jR0sal3s

You could try to repair it:

Close Inventor and install from your source

64-bit:  \3rdParty\x64\VBA\Vba7.MSI.

32-bit:  \3rdParty\x86\VBA\Vba7.MSI.

Could you post the file? Maybe it's corrupt.

There is a similar case:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/2014-64-bit-vba-crashing-on-program-launch-ran...

Message 5 of 12

If the VBA project file was really empty than the size should be small.

I only wanted to check if there are modules in the VBA project file.

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 6 of 12

The .ivb file is fine...it actually works in my computer...but when i tried it to another computer, I was able to direct the file path to the .ivb file but when i tried to assign a shortcut key to the macro (in the customize toolbar) it doesn't show in there...it's just blank.

Message 7 of 12
jR0sal3s
in reply to: GeorgK

the .ivb file is working fine in other computer, it is just specific to the other 2 computers...I might just have to re-install it somehow if all else doesn't work, it is just I wanted to know what is causing this and fix this without re-installing everything.

Message 8 of 12
jR0sal3s
in reply to: jR0sal3s

it is in this that i couldn't find my macros...Capture.JPG

Message 9 of 12

Can you find any macro under the macro button in the ribbon of inventor?

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 10 of 12

modules are not showing..but it is directed to the .ivb..Capture2.JPG

Message 11 of 12

What happens if you pres ALT + F11 within inventor, is it opening VBA editor?

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 12 of 12

actually, Alt+F11 opened the VBA editor and i found out there was nothing on it..

I overwrite it with the working .ivb on another computer and it all fixed the problem...so Thanks a lot for your time...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report