Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linkng excel sheet with Frame Generator

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nsatheesan34D64
219 Views, 2 Replies

Linkng excel sheet with Frame Generator

Hi everyone,

I wish to know if there is a way to change the size of a Frame Member from an excel sheet ? 
Say, in the following image, I would like to change the frame size from 4x4x1/4 to 3x3x3/16 through an excel sheet ? Is it also possible to change the member (may be to a HSS) ? 

nsatheesan34D64_0-1712961297963.png

Thanks in advance!
@cbenner @kacper.suchomski @JDMather 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
A.Acheson
in reply to: nsatheesan34D64

Hi @nsatheesan34D64 

This won't be possible as frame generator does not have an API exposed so you cannot drive the size change via a parameter. You can only open the dialogue box manually and change the size there. Maybe find a post in the idea forum to automate frame generator commands and vote up this functionality.

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 3

Hi @nsatheesan34D64 . Although we do not have access to the Frame Generator API, as Mr. @A.Acheson wrote about it above, what you want can actually be implemented. It is true that such a code will be large and not simple. Here are some examples of changing Frame Generator members: Link , Link , Link .

If such a prospect does not scare you (writing such a large and complex code), then we will help you. To begin with, you need to tell in detail about your case: what is the name of the Excel file, the name of the sheet, the number of the Excel cell, what is the name of the part file, what you want to change, and so on. It's probably better if you share your files.

Andrii Humeniuk - CAD Coordinator, Autodesk Certified Instructor

LinkedIn | My free Inventor Addin | My Repositories

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution/Like.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report