Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iProperties,Project,Description

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
742 Views, 2 Replies

iProperties,Project,Description

Gotta love a short week.

Question for the day as follows: I need to fill out the description field in iProperties using iLogic. The way I do it manually would be as follows:

Example 1: 1/4" Plt. Stl. 4" x 9" Lg.

Example 2:  0.190 Alum. Sht. 72" x 240" Lg.

All of these values would be in the parameters (I will have to add a user parameter for my material)

I can get 1 value into the description field but can't seem to stack? them to get the complete description. I've watched plenty of videos on this and it seems most don't use the "Description" field the same way I do. Also I typically convert decimal to fraction when entering descriptions manually.

I've started using iLogic to drive assembly models, so I need the description to update automatically when a part file is driven by my iLogic program.

Thanks in advance for any and all help. here is an example of the code I have so far. (will only pass the last value to iProperties)

Frank

iProperties.Value("Project", "Description") = Thickness 
iProperties.Value("Project", "Description") = Material 
iProperties.Value("Project", "Description") = O_A_W 
iProperties.Value("Project", "Description") = Side_post_height

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If i'm reading this correctly then you want something like this:

iProperties.Value("Project", "Description") = Thickness & " " & Material & " " & O_A_W & " " & Side_post_height

This will combine the iProps you listed with a space in between.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Neil,

Thanks my friend. This is exactly what I was looking for. Have a great week.

Frank

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report