Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import/Export iLogic Rules and Forms

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3274 Views, 4 Replies

Import/Export iLogic Rules and Forms

According to this page, it is not possible to import/export iLogic rules and forms into an existing component. Has this been remedied yet?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

You can copy and paste when editing the rule and copying all of the rules test but not the rule itself

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
Sergio.D.Suárez

The programming language usually always improves with time, new functions are always added to the rules. If the rules have tendencies to be reused, the best way to achieve this is to use them as external rules, otherwise there would be the risk of having duplicate and outdated rules in the files, and updating them would be complicated. If a rule is specific to a particular file, it can not be reused, because it refers to this single file, and it would have to be modified to adapt it to another file.
As a recommendation I would tell you to get used to the use of external rules, avoiding copy and paste rules in multiple files. regards

Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

I am attaching my Upwork profile for specific queries.

Sergio Daniel Suarez
Mechanical Designer

| Upwork Profile | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 5
jtylerbc

Look into the iLogic Code Injector.  It's a few years old, but it's still working fine for me.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jtylerbc

The Code Injector would do exactly what I need, if I wanted to apply a bunch of rules to a batch of files. Thankfully I only need to copy to one file. 

It seems archaic to think that in 2019 there is no way to export code without mechanically copy/paste.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report