Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Parts List Template

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
3065 Views, 8 Replies

Custom Parts List Template

I am standardizing our compaines parts list/ Bill of Materials to include "Vendor" & "Manufacturer's Part Number". Currently I have to manualy customize each drawing. Is there a way that I can have this as a template?

Your reply is appreciated.

Thank you,

Jorge del Rosario

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
NSBowser
in reply to: Anonymous

Jorge,

The default Columns are Controlled by the Style and Standards settings in the Styles Library.

Manage -> Styles Editor -> Parts List -> Parts List (ANSI)

There you can use the column chooser to select the default columns and other settings.

Keep in mind that you will need to have read/write access to the Styles Library and that you will need to update the template file document styles, as well as any existing drawing to get the updated result.

Best of luck!

Best of Luck

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this reply helpful or insightful, please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Kudos' button below.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: NSBowser

Thank you for the quick reply. You would think it would be a simple fix to make that feature as a standard parts list template. I will try that and will get back to you.

Regards.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Once you get the new parts list style formatted the way you want it you can right click on it and choose export to write it out to an xml file.

Then on old/existing drawings you can import the new style.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: NSBowser

I was able to create the custom parts list that went smoothly. But when I created a new drawing and inserted a parts list the old parts list is what appears. In order to make it work I had to click on the older "Parts List" style I just inserted and select "Replace Style"; then select the custom parts list I just created. After replacing I would delete the parts list I just inserted and reinsert a new parts list. Is there a way to have the custom parts list I created as a default?

Regards.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Go to Manage > Styles Editor > Object Defaults

scroll down to Parts List, select your new parts list (if it's not listed, import it)

You need read/write access the Library to do this.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

What you recommended worked. The steps you included is clear and is easily understood.

Thank you for your assistance,

Jorge

Message 8 of 9
tmathieson

so, i created the Parts List on my Drawing, and finally got it to the formatting/columns we want.  i now want to export this so as to add to the Styles library to add to  a template. however, when i right click and select export, i do not get a "xml" option to write to...  what am i missing or what am i doing wrong? 

Inventor 2020 professional, build 2020.0.1

Message 9 of 9
A.Acheson
in reply to: tmathieson

Parts list style is pushed from either drawing to style library or style library to drawing. You can click styles in the ribbon and save to style library, this will overwrite the existing style contents if you have not selected a new style name If you click update the style library will overwrite your drawing with the style library contents 

I normally create the style name first in the style library then make the changes in the library and push the change out at the drawing. But you could just create a new unique style name activate in the drawing make the changes then click save to push change to style library. 

For the template ensure the style is added and all styles are synced with the library. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Inve...

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report