Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control size of frame generator members??

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Preston_Reed
338 Views, 5 Replies

Control size of frame generator members??

Is there a way to control the inputs of frame generator through iLogic?  Similar to how you can control material and sheet metal setting.  I would ideally like to be able to change size of the pipe based off of a form.  Later down the road i could see uses for being able to control all of the frame member options, can you control them too? 

If not what would be the best way to go about this?  I really don't like manually cutting and extruding pipe.  

PREED7QR59_0-1662042730797.png

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: Preston_Reed

Hi!

You are talking about changing only the member length, or changing different diameters, family, etc?

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Preston_Reed
in reply to: CCarreiras

I would really like to be able to change things from this table.  I already have the length of the pipes run through iLogic.  I would just like to be able to change pipe size from 8in to 12 in for example.  Down the road I would like to be able to change the standard, family and material options as well. 

Is this possible? 

Message 4 of 6
Preston_Reed

PREED7QR59_0-1662044910868.png

this table

Message 5 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: Preston_Reed

Unfortunately, It's not possible...  frame generator's API is not available for use in iLogic.

You can do it with "normal parts", creating a parametric system... it's more work to do, but in the end, works very well (if well done, of course...)

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Preston_Reed

Bummer, but I think it will be ok, I really don't like frame generator much anyways.  Working with structural is so much better in Solidworks.  Thank you for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report