Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Coming From Solidworks to Inventor , Custom Properties/User parameters

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bshahiwork
398 Views, 2 Replies

Coming From Solidworks to Inventor , Custom Properties/User parameters

Hello Inventor Gurus 
Can i please get help on this ,
I am trying to enter some user parameters to a Drawings, I would be like multiple rows saying Model, Capacity, Controller, Wire Length etc. etc.
So first I tried table because rows can be auto adjustable then I it not easy to fetch data into cells (i think)
I tried a plain text with inserted parameter which were entered in part parameters 
so after that I saved both as template hoping if new assembly would be made from that template new user parameter will get updated in drawing. but did not work, variables are showing as \x0; \x1; ....
what went wrong, how can I make it work, 
or the better way to do this, forms in template maybe?

i am coming from solidworks so might be a silly mistake 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WCrihfield
in reply to: bshahiwork

I'm not quite sure how to respond, to all of what you said, but I'll try.  First of all I'm still not 100% clear on what exactly it is you are trying to set-up here, so I'm not sure how to advise you to accomplish it.  In Inventor there are Assembly, Part, Drawings, & Presentation types of documents, so are we really talking about a Drawing document here, or one of the other types of documents?  It kind of sounds like you want some sort of form, and only in drawing type documents, that lists the names of some parameters, then allows you to edit their values.  Does that sound correct?  Although drawing documents can contain parameters, they are very rarely used.  So I assume you want the parameters in the form to be from whatever model document you may be referencing within a view of the drawing document.  Does that sound right?  Although things like title blocks can contain references pointing to data 'the model' document, a new or template drawing doesn't usually have a model do point to until after you have placed a view of a model into the drawing, so it might be odd to set-up initially as a Template, depending on what type of Form we may be talking about here.  As far as actual Forms go, there are iLogic Forms, VBA UserForms, and general Windows Forms (vb.net).  The simplest of these to create & use is the iLogic Form.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 3
A.Acheson
in reply to: bshahiwork

It sounds like you want display data in a table in the drawing is that correct? You are right that it isnā€™t easy to get data in and out of a table easily.  You will need ilogic rules to inject in the contents of parameters or iproperties into the cells. So if the rows and columns constantly change in qty this could be challenging.

Have you a picture of your current layout, your data set and a list of where the data is coming from. Another option is to use excel table driven by ilogic  to display the data as an object in the drawing. Down side is the data needs to go to excel and back to the drawing and might be a bit cumbersome. So it could depend on where you have already the data stored currently and where it is coming from. Are you using cable and harness addin by any chance? 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.ā€Œā€Œā€Œā€Œ
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)ā€Œā€Œ
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report