Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Rules when Using Save and replace

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Darkforce_the_ilogic_guy
338 Views, 3 Replies

Action Rules when Using Save and replace

it there a way to get Action rules to run on an part or assembly when you are using Save and Replace If I use copy design, some thing like Reset Reversion number is done to the file. Is there a way to run Action rule when using save and replace ? or make an illogic code run on a part that is just create by save and Replace ?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi, Excuse me if I have not interpreted you.
Are you talking about adding event triggers to the ilogic when the document is saved?

Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

I am attaching my Upwork profile for specific queries.

Sergio Daniel Suarez
Mechanical Designer

| Upwork Profile | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4

Kind of.. when we use copy design we are using action rule...that reset revision number to 0 , and some custom properties, that we use in your system .. our problem is that sometime it a lot easier to use save and replace but there is no action rule there so no reset of any properties, so it just copy the ones form the part it copy.

I do not want it to do all the time I save a part only when the part was just create by the save and replace function

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4

@Darkforce_the_ilogic_guy,

On calling 'Save and replace' command, FileUIEvents.OnPopulateFileMetadata Event is triggered. I think, an addin can be triggered this event. In this event, document is available to reset revision number and custom iProperties. For more details, refer below help documentation link.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-2E992173-A195-4588-B76F-6F156773FAE9

Thanks and regards,

CHANDRA SHEKAR G
Developer Advocate
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report