Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube&Pipe 018: “iProperties for CC items”

Tube&Pipe 018: “iProperties for CC items”

Tube and Pipe Content Center items don’t get the properties specified in the Content Center family template. I get no part number and no description all the time. Make it work like steel shapes, I am not getting Description or Part number from Content Center Pipes and Spools.

@dan_szymanski

TP018.gif

5 Comments
jingyi.liu
Alumni

Hi 

This idea has been implemented since Inventor 2016, please refer to help document.

iProperty for TP.png

Regards,

Jingyi

salariua
Mentor

Hi @jingyi.liu

Thank you for the kind feedback and detailed response. This list of items has been started 2 years ago and some of them have been solved based on the original Idea

I don't just want to point out mistakes, bugs or feature requests, but I want to show progress and improvements from Autodesk as well. There is a lot of frustration out there about T&P not getting any love from the developers and we want to show that there is progress.

Please have a chat with @dan_szymanski and between all of you decide what's been implemented or what's on the way and mark them appropriately.

We want the community to see SOLVED and IMPLEMENTED items as well so they don't get the feeling of TP users being left out. While I know some have been fixed they are posted intentionally for you guys to get some credit and validation.

jingyi.liu
Alumni

Hi, Salariua

I was aware of your orignial idea, much appreciated your dedicated feedback, it's the great idea example we would like to see more community user to do that.

I work with @dan.szymanski in same team, I can say T&P has never been forgotten by engineering team.

Regards,

Jingyi

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016. Additional naming options are available and configurable within the Tube & Pipe Settings. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

salariua
Mentor

Thank you, guys.

We appreciate your time and effort.

I understand Routed Systems is not a top item on your list but we are glad to see progress no matter how small.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report