Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube&Pipe 014: “Positive/negative dimensions”

Tube&Pipe 014: “Positive/negative dimensions”

Stop routes from jumping while dragging nodes. The only way to check if a route is fully constrained and movable segments is to drag random nodes and see if they are moving. Sometimes more than one solution error occurs when the route jumps on either side of a dimension. Use negative/positive dimensions like with planes, or positive along origin indicators and negative in opposite direction, or lock the dimension in place and allow a flip option on a right click contextual menu. Sometimes a route is fully constrained but because of more than one solution on these dimensions it doesn’t report or change colour to fully constrained, or even worse, when changing dimensions you end up with overlapping and intersecting segments which goes into “Route Violation”.

@dan_szymanski

TP014.gif

5 Comments
Ruffy85
Collaborator

see idea 008 i think its better to work with more routes then one.

salariua
Mentor

I am not sure I follow your comment...

idea 8 was about allowing branches in routes. not sure how you feel this is a duplicate of that.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/tube-amp-pipe-010-remember-last-used-size/idi-p/718429...

Ruffy85
Collaborator

I wanted to say that if you would use several routes for a pipe, you might not get into this situation with positive or negative dimensioning.

salariua
Mentor

But this happens in the same route, not on a branch.

Check the beginning of the video where the top left end changes from in-line segments to overlapping segments.

A.Acheson
Mentor

This is needed. Example place threadolet’s opposite each other possibly also with a tee. This makes for three nodes on top of each other. When the route dimension  is driven the small segment flips on the axis causing route violation. The only solution is delete all the dimensions move the nodes manually and re-dimension. A big waste of time!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report