Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Flat Patterns

Partial Flat Patterns

I would like to be able to select which bends to include/exclude when creating a flat pattern.  Even being able to select which features to include/exclude would be helpful (i.e. Flange, Contour Flange, Hem, Bend, Fold, etc.).

5 Comments
mcgyvr
Consultant

@Anonymous Have you tried using unfold/refold to only unfold the bends you want?

It would also potentially be beneficial to your "idea" to explain the "why" you would want something like this..

Anonymous
Not applicable

mcgyvr,

Thanks for your suggestion.  We are using sheet metal ipt's to create pieces of fabric to be draped over various types of frame work.  The goal was to be able to show a finished piece of fabric with the overall dimension once the hem's were sewn in around the edges.  I haven't been  able to make the unfold tool work because it still unfolds all bends when I place the flat pattern in an idw.  However, now that I'm thinking about it, would it work to use unfold, then create an ipart and use the table to turn the unfold feature on/off?  That way I would be able to place the complete flat pattern and place a view of the partially unfolded ipart.

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

@Anonymous, please see the attached image. Could you consider to remove the bend which you want to be excluded in the flat pattern. It will not be unfolded when create flat pattern. Of course, you could use the fillet to make the bend back in the flat pattern.

FP.PNG

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [676]. Thanks!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report