Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Selection window in multi-body part for bodies

No Selection window in multi-body part for bodies

t would be great if you could select solids in multi-solid part by a selection window in part.

We simplify assemblies to parts to avoid having to load 50k files. 

But if we want to delete some steel structure, for instance, it is virtually impossible to do it just by selecting each solid in the selection tree.2017-01-26 11_31_54-Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017 - [20170118_grate_boiler].png

2017-01-26 11_51_06-Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017 - [Product].png

Please add this feature! it's vital!

38 Comments
eucci
Advocate

I would like to be able to select bodies in the part environnment using standard window selections.

This way I can select visible per representation or all bodies in one cluster rather than selecting individual bodies in the panel browser.

thanks

DRoam
Mentor

Window selection should be enabled while in "Faces and Edges", "Features", and "Sketch Features" selection modes as well.

asiu
Advocate

And as requested in separate ideas, "Faces" shall be separated from "Edges".

Ken.Jones
Advocate

When using the move bodies tool, I would like to be able to drag select multiple bodies. When you have 100 bodies you want to move slightly picking them individually is torture.

DRoam
Mentor

Hi @Ken.Jones. This has actually been suggested before. Please consider voting for the original to help get your suggestion recognized: Window Body Selection Tools in Part environment. Thanks!

DRoam
Mentor

FYI for others, here are the Ideas asiu mentioned: 

DRoam
Mentor

Hi @Anonymous, this has actually been requested before. Please consider voting for the original to help get this suggestion recognized: Window Body Selection Tools in Part environment. Thanks!

michael.sheldon153
Contributor

I am wondering if its implemented in Inventor 2018...

I still don't understand how such a basic functionality is not there. Sure, I can create an assembly from that 8000+ bodies but it takes ages...

bleeftink
Participant

We are missing the crossing select function for multi body parts as well, in 2018 it is still not supported.

Please make this standard supported as it is very helpful.

bleeftink
Participant

We are missing the crossing select function for multi body parts as well, in 2018 it is still not supported.

Please make this standard supported as it is very helpful.

qall
Advocate

I agree not easy to handle neutral CAD file formats e.g. parasolid etc. which have multibodies. Find in browser and selecting bodies on the graphics window do not work to suppress or delete bodies.

Using 2014 version.

fhansson925
Participant

I am working in Inventor 2018 and the selection tools are total crap. Why can you not select multiple bodies or faces by dragging a box in the graphics area in part mode? This was one of the first features I was looking for when learning Inventor and finding that it is NOT implemented was a big let down. Coming from other CAD software this is a major drawback in productivity. What are you thinking when not implmenting this rather simple but extremly powerful function?

b_ruijter
Advocate

It's realy a function that should have been there yeeeeeeaaaaars ago. 

If i was autodesk and somebody pointed me to this lack of functionality it would leave me a blush of shame on the jaws and fix this bug right away. 

b_ruijter
Advocate

A short demonstration how frustrating it is not being able to draw a window over the bodies to select bodies in a multi body part. 

Please fix this.

Tags (7)
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [27591]. Thanks!

b_ruijter
Advocate
dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Hi @b_ruijter ,

It means the Inventor Engineering team has added the request to our backlog and are looking at what it will take to implement this function, as well as what release it could potentially be delivered within.  This status is one step better than "Gathering Support".  Thanks.

andrewdroth
Advisor

This needs to be implemented soon.

As more people move to the multi-body approach to modeling it is as necessary in the part environment as it is in the assembly environment.

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Thumbs up. Good Idea

PJKeeffe
Contributor

Still waiting  for a selection window after 2 1/2 years since the idea was first mooted- just imported a + 2000 multi body part from revit and had to select 500  individually to ' combine'- tedious 😞

How hard can it be to have a selection window?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report