Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPN presentations

IPN presentations

"Classic" IPN view from versions prior to the storyboard and snaps shots.  Many users, such as myself, do not want or use these added features.  This has been and continues to be a huge problem.  I work in a group of about 30 engineers and NOBODY, has any used for these new features.  This has been an extreme let-down by Autodesk.  Even the user manuals are terrible.  I trust Autodesk is reviewing this situation as I am far from alone in this plight.

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issues as you and your colleagues and have posted on these forums similarly to this. Here's hoping something gets done about this as it's made my working life creating assembly drawings pretty miserable. I just cannot believe that the new IPN environment was properly thought through before it was implemented - it's not good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not many votes on this since it was posted...shame, as the situation still persists.

coop_brian
Participant

Presentation files used to be useful, now all they do is add wasted effort and frustration. I could live with the storyboard and time based tweaks if there was some easy way to edit the time that the tweak occurs, but the only way I've found to do that is delete the tweak and redo it with the storyboard time slider set at the new time, but when you have tens of tweaks that need to be reordered this is beyond wasteful.

For now all I do is avoid using presentation files at all costs - and that's making it more difficult for me to communicate clearly with my customers.

18 months since the original request was made and nothing. It's not because people don't want it changed, it's because they realize that asking for a change results in no response from Autodesk - which means even more wasted time.

johnmondro4888
Advocate

The presentation environment could be so good. It's half-finished at best - something that should be in a BETA release.

Deleting views to update for model or view representation changes? C'mon Autodesk, you're better than this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report