Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced iProperties Management: Dockable Panel with Customization and Automation Features

Enhanced iProperties Management: Dockable Panel with Customization and Automation Features

In Autodesk Inventor, I would like to see easier access to iProperties. A potential solution would be a dockable window, similar to the “Model Browser.” This would allow users to input the necessary data immediately, leading to a faster and more organized workflow. Additionally, it would be great if users could choose which iProperties are displayed, similar to the “iLogic Form Editor.” This would provide a clear and customizable overview for everyone.

It would also be useful to specify which iProperties are applicable for specific clients, as these can sometimes vary. The same applies to different environments, such as “Assembly” and “Sheet Metal.”

Furthermore, the ability to set mandatory fields or default values would be beneficial. By mandatory fields, I mean that a user wouldn't be able to close the part until certain iProperties are filled in. Default values would allow for pre-filled data, further speeding up the process.

An additional feature could be the option to add buttons to this panel, linked to an iLogic rule. This would enable users to trigger specific actions with a single click.

2 Comments
mikeh4
Collaborator

I agree with your request as well, but til then, FYI there is a very great Add In called iPropertyWizard that is easy to use and very affordable and does what your asking for and pays for itself very quickly.  It can be achieved with iLogic as well, but more coding knowledge is required.

Regards

mlerchYSBLR
Explorer

BAS Automation Services has a really nice app in the Autodesk Store that does what is described here. I would like to see this in Inventor as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report