Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ConnectorClass by connector

ConnectorClass by connector

Hello Autodesk!

My suggestion is set up connectorclass by connector not by asset.

I believe this can allow a grater exchange between assets.

Example: An equipment that have many optional components could exchange some information during assembly and enables location this components through API for example.

In my case this is very important to read the structure of the layout and understand what the equipment is and its configuration.

Thanks!

4 Comments
XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi Ederson,

Let me understand your point. You want to the components exchange the information via connector class but the components are not factory asset just the normal parts or assembly, is it true?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

ederson.balbinot
Advocate

Hi @XuesongBai,

About your question: No, the connections are between assets only.
My suggestion is basically the same thing that have now, but the class are set by connector and not to all connectors in the asset.
I believe that this can facilitate the informations change when equipment have many optionals equipments (my case) and can be easier to create the file .connectorclasses because the paramenters you have manage are especific to connector and not all of the equipment.
Maybe allow the two methods...

XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi ederson,

Are you saying that? 1) the parameters can exchange the value when a specific connector is connected to another connector in the asset. 2) all parameters can exchange the value if any connector is connected to another in the asset

Thanks,

-Xuesong

ederson.balbinot
Advocate

Hi @XuesongBai!

I suggested this because our equipment have many options and configs and manage this in the current way is a little bit complex for us.
If we could separate this would be easier.
We use the FDS to make layouts to clients and generate costs, BOM, installations drawing, etc... So we are putting a lot informations inside the drawing and if we can manage control best this, we are happier...

PS: about connectors I created this post in another topic, please, take a look: Post

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report