Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change direction name "Up" and "Down" from the bend notes and bend table

Change direction name "Up" and "Down" from the bend notes and bend table

When adding a bend note in a drawing the direction name is always "Up" or "Down". It would come in handy if these Direction names could be changed, for example in your own language.

For the company I work for we would like to use a minus (-) instead of "Down" and insert nothing for "Up" as explained in the picture below.

Example bend note.JPG

2 Comments
Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant
gustavo_bacala
Community Visitor

I really wish this function gets in the software. I have using inventor since my ellementary school in Brazil and everyone was teached how to use the english version. Even though Autodesk disponibilize us a Portuguese version it is easier to use it in english since all the concepts and tools we learn are in english. But when you start working on a company the software is in english and you end up seeing yourself in a situation where you have to mannually change the Bend Notes every single time.

To avoid the need to changing it over and over, here's a simple way to gain some time: Create a Dimension Style in your template and set the prefix to "Up" (in the language you prefer) and then create a diferent one to "Down" (in the language you prefer). Set the select style shortcut as you please and use it to gain some time. You wont automate it however it may help a little.

Besides all this I really hope Autodesk take a deeper look about this issue, it definitely would help a lot of people around the globe.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report