Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add checkbox "do not create folders of the OldVersions"

Add checkbox "do not create folders of the OldVersions"

Tired of these trash folders, all project directories littered with these OldVersions folders.
Why do I need them every day to clean hands? It's crazy. Should be given a choice to opt out of creating these folders.
Make a checkbox in the system settings: if anyone needs OldVersions folder, leave the default, and who don't need these trash folders - shut down that they no longer bothered.

2 Comments
PaulMunford
Autodesk
So Inventor has never crashed on you and corrupted the file your working on?

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you Dude 😉

You may find the 'Old versions to keep on Save helpful'. It won't clear up those pesky folders, but you can set it to 0 to prevent inventor creating back ups.

http://www.inventortales.com/2014/02/making-use-of-oldversions-file-in.html?m=1
swatkins3YWDA
Contributor

I've never used a single oldversions file.  These folders only clog up the server and waste space.  I constantly go thur and try to keep some of them deleted.  I thought at one time it didn't create these folders.  When you thousands of parts on your server it's annoying that you have a folder(s) that contain no files.  All those extra folders cause me anxiety knowing they are there and are empty.  Give use the option to turn off the creation of them.  Period, no questions asked, just do it. NOW!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report