Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to output video animation of model in inventor professional 2016

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
patrickbakerlpl
498 Views, 5 Replies

unable to output video animation of model in inventor professional 2016

Hi,

I am having a problem outputting an animation into either format listed (avi and wmv).

I have made a driven contraint, gone into inventor studio, selected animation timeline and clicked record animation.

if i try to export it as a wmv file an ASF dialog box comes up which allows me to select a profile but the only option is 'custom' and nothing else.

if i accept that, a message comes up straight away, in front of the render output, saying ''file cannot be opened''.

If I try and export as an AVI a message comes up straight away saying ''the output file cannot be created. please confirm that the file is not in use and that the file location is valid''

(i have attached screenshots)

I am only wanting to get a short animation of a part rotating with a driven constraint.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Patrick.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: patrickbakerlpl

"please confirm that the file is not in use and that the file location is valid''

I'm just guessing, but is your file outside of your project folder?

Message 3 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: patrickbakerlpl

Before getting too deep into this - have you installed Update 2 for 2016?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6

It's using the output path as C:\Users\USER\Desktop

Are you logged in a user called... just... user? That should normally have your name there or something unique to you, your windows login name.

Change the path to just C:\Video.avi and try that?

Message 5 of 6

I am having this same problem in 2023. Rendering worked yesterday, but today I get this error regardless of the settings I choose:

The Output file cannot be created.

Message 6 of 6

Hi! This could be Video Codec related issue. Please make sure all critical Windows updates are installed and the graphics driver is updated. What is the exact error you are seeing?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report