Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress analysis - deflection of a steel block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Henrik_Lo
641 Views, 4 Replies

Stress analysis - deflection of a steel block

HI

Is it possible to calculate the deflection a steel block will get, just form it one weight

Just use standard steel material, it is only supported at the end.

Regards

Henrik

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jon.Dean
in reply to: Henrik_Lo

Yes, it is possible. I assume you want to place the Weight positioned along the bar at a set distance.

You can do this by splitting the face with either a circle or rectangle and placing your force there.

I have attached an example. Hopefully I have understood your question.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 3 of 5
blair
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Remember to add the directionof gravity to your analysis (if applicable).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
Henrik_Lo
in reply to: blair

HI

Hi

Thank for reply, i do understand the estimated setup and way to get a bending result

The gravity vector where shout it be placed in this example

Another question regarding the use of split tool, what dose I do to the surface, is it only

marking a round spot and not removing  anything.

Regards

Henrik

Message 5 of 5
blair
in reply to: Henrik_Lo

The Gravity Vector is just that, the direction/vector that gravity will affect the model in question. It doesn't matter which object/edge you select. If an edge is not in the correct direction, you can expand the box and enter a vector using the XZY boxes.

You need to create a sketch on the desired surface and then create a closed loop then exit the sketch. Select the Split Tool command, then the sketch (closed profile) and finally the surface in question.

If you wish to apply a load to a given spot/area on a surface, you would be required to use the Split Surface to create a separate surface in which to apply either the force/load or support constrain. Otherwise Inventor will apply the load/constrain to the whole surface face.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report