Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registry Key for Inventor "Best Fit" Plot Scale

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
petestrycharske
667 Views, 6 Replies

Registry Key for Inventor "Best Fit" Plot Scale

All,

Bit of a reach here, perhaps, but does anyone know of a registry key setting or any other way to automatically have Inventor default to "Best Fit" plot scale?  If not, can anyone direct me to the best method to batch plot PDF from Inventor drawings, using the Best Fit scaling?  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Thanks in advance for any help and have a most blessed day!

Peace,
Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: petestrycharske

Not sure on the reg setting.. 

There are apps out there that allow you to set specific print settings..

I think the one I used was "swift prints" (seems the app site is down now.. for me anyway)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
karthur1

Batch plot... there are few ways to do this.  Hard to say what is the "Best" way. You can do batch plotting using the "Autodesk Multi-Sheet Plot" tool.  It should be under Start >Programs>Autodesk.

Another way to do it is to use the attached macro.  It is already setup to use "Best Fit".  To use it, do the following:

1. Open the top most level assembly (.iam)

2. Load the macro and run it.

The macro will print all idws that exist in your workspace for any files in the open assembly.

Kirk

Message 4 of 7
petestrycharske
in reply to: karthur1

Kirk,

I saw that utility and was intrigued.  Is there a way to batch plot the files, but not have them combined into one PDF?  I would be okay if it was a simple switch that I just missed, but I haven't found it yet.  Thanks and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 5 of 7
karthur1

@petestrycharske wrote:

Kirk,

I saw that utility and was intrigued.  Is there a way to batch plot the files, but not have them combined into one PDF? ....

Peace,

Pete

I take it you are talking about the Autodesk Multi-Sheet Multi-Sheet Plot tool? I dont think there is a way to do it so it prints on different sheets.

With the macro that I attached... yes, it prints one sheet to one file.  You can combine them later if you want them as one.

Kirk

Message 6 of 7
salariua

You need to edit the template file. Open the standard.idw print it as "Best Fit" and save the file. Now when you do a new drawing it will come up as best fit print by default.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 7 of 7
SBix26
in reply to: salariua

As Adrian says, the plot setting is stored in the drawing file.  I recreate our drawing templates each year when we migrate to the latest version, and one of my steps for each template is to print with Best Fit-- after that we're good for another year.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1 Update 2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report