Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts list BOM views

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cgaddes
489 Views, 5 Replies

Parts list BOM views

I'm using Inventor 2014.  If I create a Structured parts list in a drawing I lose the option to create a Parts Only list.  Why is this?  I understand that creating both types of lists would be very confusing for Inventor.  However, what I dont understand is, if I accidently create a Structured list, why I cant delete it and create a Parts Only list.  Sometimes this can ruin a drawing and render it completely useless.  I have had to redo drawings before because of this.  What is an explanation for this and is there a solution/work around for this type of scenario?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jletcher
in reply to: cgaddes

Welcome to the forum...

You don't really lose it just the ability to change it to parts only but only if you have balloons on any parts.

If you have balloons for the BOM you have Structure you will have to delete all balloons before you can change it.

I am sure they did it for protection can you hear everyone that said they changed it from structure to parts only but all the balloons are wrong..

So to change it to parts only just remove all balloons..

Message 3 of 6
rhasell

Hi

There is a way to display both types on one drawing, but the balloons will still be linked to the first option chosen. (IE if structured was used first, the balloon are linked to the structured List)

Create a new temp drawing.

Place the view and the "Other" Parts list option

Copy the Parts list from the temp drawing

and paste it to your original drawing.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 4 of 6
cgaddes
in reply to: rhasell

I get a "clone" error of some sort when I try that.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 5 of 6
rhasell

I will have to try and simulate the error.

I use it a lot for my GA drawings.

The Structured Parts list is almost always placed "Off Sheet", as It is only needed for item labels via balloons.

The "Parts Only" option is for refence only.

I must admit, it is only on single sheet drawings, and I have never had a problem with it.

Reg
Message 6 of 6
rhasell

Re-submitted the video, still no audio though.

Reg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report