Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 bolted connection

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KeithHoward6391
248 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2014 bolted connection

Ok Gang I have a problem first let me say I am learning Inventor here on the fly. I have tons of experience with AutoCAD and Solidworks and some with Pro-E. I have made a bolted connection and saved the template file. I noticed I had selected the wrong washer in the connection so I corrected the washer and then saved the template again replacing the old file. When I go to add another bolted connection and I set the template file it is the old configuration with the wrong washer. I have deleted the template file with file explorer and it still comes in with the wrong data. What am I doing wrong?

Keith

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Can you attach the assembly... are you Saving it ..or saving copy as? is it a library or vault assembly?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: mdavis22569

Or are you using the "Save File as Template" option?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
KeithHoward6391
in reply to: blair

What I am doing is creating a bolted connection It consist of of Bolt, Plain washer on other side of termination plane is a plain washer, a spiral lock washer and the a hex nut.

I change the both plain washers to a narrow type B washer.

I then click Save in the bolted connection box which brings up the save template box the file is being saved as a "XML" file.

I then try to create a new bolted connection.

I open the file I just created/saved and the washers come in as the type A wide washers. 

When I edit the connection to change to a narrow washer I get a lightning bolt in the object tree.

I hope that is clear. I have attached the assembly file let me know if you need any other files to go with that file.

Keith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report