Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a Drawing in Color

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
649 Views, 7 Replies

Create a Drawing in Color

Hello,

This may be a simple question, but I was not able to find a solution online. I am running version 2016.

I am currently trying to create a drawing in color, I have tried clicking the "Shaded" option but I want the views to look how they would when I am looking at them in the assembly. The shadded view does not show the detail that I need to display. I have watched a few youtube videos on the topic and several of the people had their projected views show up in color, but I don't know how they did it. They had the shaded option clicked.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide,

Colby

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Post what you have so far, even a screen capture so we can see what you have done.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 8
chris31

Are you trying to get hidden lines to display?

hidden lines.jpg

If so click both shaded and hidden in the edit view dialog box.

hidden lines-1.jpg

Message 4 of 8
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

This may be a simple question, but I was not able to find a solution online. I am running version 2016.

I am currently trying to create a drawing in color, I have tried clicking the "Shaded" option but I want the views to look how they would when I am looking at them in the assembly. The shadded view does not show the detail that I need to display. I have watched a few youtube videos on the topic and several of the people had their projected views show up in color, but I don't know how they did it. They had the shaded option clicked.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide,

Colby

Shaded is the solution.. BUT the drawings only use a default lighting style and won't do realistic,etc... so it won't look like your assembly unless you just insert pictures taken from the assembly into the drawing..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

I believe you have answered my question even though it isn't what I wanted to hear. I was wanting the drawings to look like they do in the assembly. Maybe it was the colors or material that the videos I saw used, but I was hoping to have my drawings more realistic.

From your response about the default lighting style, it looks like this isn't possible.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

I have created an assembly and used it to create a drawing. The pictures generated in the drawing, even with the shaded option, do not look like the assembly. They look more like a roughly shaded in sketch than a picture.
Message 7 of 8
mcgyvr

There is also... tools.. document settings...Drawing tab..

Change Shaded Views to..Offline Only  and maybe try jacking up the resolution..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 8
chris31

One thing I've done, is to set the background color to white.  The render the image till you get it like you want it.  Save as bmp or jpeg.  Then insert this into drawing.  With IV tan background color you'll see white around your image, but when you print to white pape, it looks fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report