Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Visual C++ Runtime Error

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
laura.heatwole
2593 Views, 14 Replies

Content Center Visual C++ Runtime Error

I have a user running Inventor 2009 SP1 on a Vista x64 machine. Every time he tries to place a part from the content center, he receives a Visual C++ runtime error and shuts down. I do not have any problems going through the same steps under the Administrator user account, and no one else running the same programs on similar machines has problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
LMH
Laura Heatwole
Engineering Information Systems
Watson Drill Rigs

Vault Pro 2013, PDSU 2013, Win7 x64
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
mcgyvr
in reply to: laura.heatwole

All Inventor users must be setup as at least "power user"

Also in the future post the actual error message.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 15

All my users are setup as administrators.

Actual error message is as follows:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2009\Bin\Inventor.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. Edited by: l.heatwole@watsonusa.com on Oct 22, 2008 2:05 PM
Laura Heatwole
Watson Drill Rigs

Message 4 of 15
lydia.lin

Hi,

You can try to re-register RegisterContentCenter.exe which is located at {color:#ff0000}C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2009\Bin\RegisterContentCenter.exe

{color}{color:#000000}Hope it can help you, and please let me know if it works for you here.

Thanks
Lydia Lin (Autodesk)
Inventor Content Center Quality Assurance
{color}
Message 5 of 15
lydia.lin

There is a workaround:
1.Administrator user delete the CC cache which is located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Inventor 2009(XP) or C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2009 (Vista)------This is the KEY Step!!
2.Restricted user login and use Inventor & CC.

You can try it, and also please let me know whether it works for you.

Thanks
Lydia Lin (Autodesk)
Inventor Content Center Quality Assurance
Message 6 of 15

Lydia,

Re-registering the CC did not work, nor did clearing the already empty CC cache. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Laura Edited by: l.heatwole@watsonusa.com on Oct 30, 2008 8:45 AM
Laura Heatwole
Watson Drill Rigs

Message 7 of 15

Can you do following steps:

1. run Inventor

2. create new assembly

3. In browse bar change from Model (it's default) to Favorites - see attached picture.

If your Inventor will crash we have located the problem.
Message 8 of 15

I followed the suggested steps. I was able to change to Favorites, expand the Content Center, choose a fastener, drag it into the assembly, and choose the size. However, once I confirmed the size, I received the original error message.
Laura Heatwole
Watson Drill Rigs

Message 9 of 15
gerundt

We have the same problem with Inventor 2009 SP1 on Vista Business x64 SP1. 😞

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-11-05T13:55:06.000Z" />

<EventRecordID>789</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>xxx</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Inventor.exe</Data>

<Data>13.1.0.27800</Data>

<Data>489972cb</Data>

<Data>kernel32.dll</Data>

<Data>6.0.6001.18000</Data>

<Data>4791ada5</Data>

<Data>c0020001</Data>

<Data>000000000002649d</Data>

<Data>710</Data>

<Data>01c93f4e12057868</Data>

</EventData>

I can't run RegisterContentCenter.exe on this computers too:

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-11-05T13:36:47.000Z" />

<EventRecordID>780</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>xxx</Computer>

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>RegisterContentCenter.exe</Data>

<Data>1.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>47be50d4</Data>

<Data>gdiplus.dll</Data>

<Data>5.2.6001.18065</Data>

<Data>481807ef</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>000000000005b798</Data>

</EventData>

Edited by: gerundt@montanhydraulik.com on Nov 5, 2008 3:40 PM
Message 10 of 15

Gentlemen,

both of your's problems looks very strange. We weren't able to reproduce them on our machines with the same systems,service packs. It looks that all problems were caused by wrong/uncomplette/corrupted instalation of Inventor (maybe the system).

The best advise for now is to re-install the system as well as Inventor with all neccessary components.

Regards,

Michal Hrcka (Autodesk) Edited by: Michal_Hrcka_Autodesk on Nov 6, 2008 8:41 AM
Message 11 of 15
coemter

Dear Michal,

i got the same and reported here: http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/message.jspa?m essageI D=6064179#6064179

Re-install 6 workstations takes a long time. Even more if you don't know it will solve this problem.

You are able to say if this VC++ library is part of Inventor or the OS.

Thank you.
Message 12 of 15

I agree coemter... reinstalling multiple machines is a pain especially when it seems to be a lazy effort by Autodesk to correct a problem.

The problem associated with this thread only occurs when I set up a second user (new account w/ admin rights) on an existing AIS R2009 machine (Vista Business x64). I can log on using the original user account (the account which AIS R2009 was originally installed under) and have no problems.

I had a similar problem on a XP x86 machine w/ AIS R2009. I ended up having to create a new computer logon for my engineer. He was able to logon and access the content center with no problems. I was hoping to avoid having to do that this time around.
Laura Heatwole
Watson Drill Rigs

Message 13 of 15

I am getting the same problem whenever I try to use the hole command. I am using WIndows VIsta and Inv 2008
Message 14 of 15

I am running IV 2009 Pro on Windows XP Pro SP3 machines.

My users are restricted users.

I got the Visual C++ Runtime Error with the users, but not with the administrators accounts.

RegisterContentCenter.exe didn't help.

Running the CC connexion in restricted user without the CC cache existing prevent IV to manage to connect to the Content Center.

I don't know if a solution was given to this runtime error, but this is mine :

- I install IV 2009 & SP1

- I run Inventor with an administrator account; this allow Inventor to initialize files in "Docs & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk"; if I don't execute Inventor one time with an administrator account, it even don't start on users accounts.

- I run a connexion in administrator to the Content Center, to initialize the ContentCenter Folder in "Docs & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Inventor 2009"

- I give write acces to users on the ContentCenter folder, its subfolders and files.

After this, i can log on a user account, browsing the content center and getting library pieces. Inventor 2009 seems to add Content Center caches files in "Docs & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Inventor 2009\ContentCenter\", so the users have to write in it.

Why those files aren't created in "Docs & Settings\<user aka>\Application Data\Autodesk\Inventor 2009\ContentCenter\" (instead of "All Users").

And initial files in All Users at the end of IV installation ?

Does somebody have a better solution, which don't need to give write access in 'all users' to everybody ? Like in Inventor configuration, or by Windows Registry ? Giving write rights to users of a multi-users folder isn't very secure.

(sorry for bad English)

Thanks,

Raphaël Louis (Computer Administrator) Edited by: raphael.louis on Nov 20, 2008 10:51 AM
Message 15 of 15

Had identical error this morning on one of our machines.  There had been power issues at the site the day before and based on past experiences I decided the issue would either require a reinstall (not desireable as it takes so long), or could be profile related.

Original user had been using the machine for quite a while without errors, so I had another user log onto the machine and attempt the same operations with no errors.  They rebooted the machine, and original user was not experiencing errors.

If they reoccur, I will first attempt to remove the user's profile on the machine due to possible corruption.  If that doesn't resolve future issues, I'll reimage the machine.

For now, it's working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report