Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use inventor 2015.

91 REPLIES 91
SOLVED
Message 1 of 92
kasnorma
13424 Views, 91 Replies

Can't use inventor 2015.

I freshly installed inventor 2015 and it start up to a blank white screen and unable to click on anything.

I have attempted repaire/reinstall and complete uninstall and reinstall.

System specs are as follows:

Dell percision M6800

CPU: Intel I7-4700MQ

RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX

SSd: Msata 500GB Samsung EVO 840 (Autodesk products and windows installed here)

Hdd: 2 x 1 TB 7200rpm

GPU: Quadro K3100M (latest driver installed)

91 REPLIES 91
Message 81 of 92
NathanLos
in reply to: nick.houston

I wanted to circle back and see if things are working better now. If they're not, could I get some more details about your workflow?

1) You mentioned "it could perhaps be a licensing issue as that proccess always seems to be running each time I open the program and fails to close." Which exact process are you seeing?

2) Could you upload a copy of the license log files to this thread? They're in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm folder. If they are missing, then maybe we're looking at an issue unrelated to licensing and we can switch focus to another possible root cause.

3) Also, perhaps this knowledge base article will help. Rather than deleting the data file mentioned in the article, I recommend moving it to a backup location so it can be restored if needed.

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 82 of 92
T.Wiesendanger
in reply to: NathanLos

Any News on this?

I had two customers with this problem. One was solvable by deactivating startup of dpagent.exe.

The other seems to have Problem with the Proxy Settings. But what settings do we have to set?

Kind regards

Tobias Wiesendanger

Message 83 of 92
cmbronder
in reply to: T.Wiesendanger

Hi Tobias,

If the customer is running Inventor 2015 SP1, could you please try the following?

Edit the registry, and find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion19.0\System\Preferences\File\CefOptions. Then, add a value of --proxy-auto-detect as shown in the attached image

Does this help?

Clare

Message 84 of 92
cmbronder
in reply to: cmbronder

Hi Again, Tobias,

Before trying the registry edit I recommended, please wait as I would like to get some additional information together.

Some problems in this area have been resolved, but are not available in any product release yet.

Please, stay tuned for more information tomorrow.
Thanks for your patience,

Clare

Message 85 of 92
cmbronder

Hi Tobias,

Have you seen this article yet?:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Inventor-2015-freezes-on-...

It discusses some of the other proxy settings.

Thank you,

Clare

Message 86 of 92
NathanLos

A couple of support articles that cover network settings and proxies are located at:

1) http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/05/fatal-error-unhandled-access-violation-reading-0x...

and

2) http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Meta-licensing.html

Perhaps they will be useful.

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 87 of 92
T.Wiesendanger
in reply to: NathanLos

Thank you for all the answers. I saw the 4 new setting for proxy before reading your answers and added --proxy-server=host: port  to the registry

nad it worked great.

But im interested to see this solved in a future Release without having to edit the registry.

Would be great if you keep us posted if you have any news.

Kind regards

Tobias

Message 88 of 92
mark
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

I am having a similar problem in that I installed inventor 2015, it works on my work laptop fine and then when i bring the computer home and try to open inventor it tries to load and then freezes. It then goes to blue screen saying power_state_failure. Please help me solve this problem. I tried what you suggested on the thread and iit didnt work. Thanks.

Message 89 of 92
T.Wiesendanger
in reply to: mark

Dear mark

This sounds like a completly diffrent Problem, if even related to Inventor. Power State Failure normaly means

there is something wron with a driver.

Kind regards

Tobias

Message 90 of 92

All,

For those of you who are members of the Inventor Beta/Community Feedback program, we have just started a limited Beta for Inventor 2015 SP2; SP2 will include an updated browser component for MyHome, Team Web & Help which we hope will address the startup issues, due to network proxy configurations, etc.

If you are NOT already a member of the Beta program but would like to apply for access, then you can apply by clicking on this link:

https://Bit.ly/InventorBeta

(Please do not reapply if you already have access as you may lose your current access for a short time).

You will need to use your existing A360 logon or create a new account, & will need to complete an Inventor usage sign-up survey. Following review you will be granted access, (which may take up to 24hrs). Please provide any/all feedback in relation to the SP2 Beta only on the Beta forums & not here. Your Beta agreement includes a non-disclosure statement which states that Beta functionality cannot be discussed publically.

The SP2 is planned for final release the first week of May.

Many Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 91 of 92
Anonymous
in reply to: kasnorma

Inventor 2014. I have a problem with creating new file .ipt and with opening existance files.  When i'm pressing new data button, the program is instantly turning off. 

I was reinstalling program couple of time (v. 2014, 15, 16). There was a same problem on each version of them. 
When i was uninstalling the program  i deleted all registry datas, folders, icons just everything.

I had my UAC disabled and my antivirus off. I have newest version of .NET framework (4.5, 3.5 built into system). 

Newest services packs (1,2) with all upgrades are installed.

I tried install Inventor with an Autodesk Virtual Agent, but there was the same problem.

CPU: i7-4710HQ 2,50GHz

RAM: 8GB

GPU: GTX 850M (latest driver installed)

SSD: 128 GB SanDisk Ultra II

SYSTEM: Windows 7 x64 

Message 92 of 92
cmbronder
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Are you using a Box client on your machine by any chance? There was a New File hang problem fixed by any version of Box Sync beyond 4.0.5358.

Thank you,

Clare

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report