Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Fusion SUPPORT WILL BE DISCONTINUED EFFECTIVE AUGUST 23 2014

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
herzinj
10433 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor Fusion SUPPORT WILL BE DISCONTINUED EFFECTIVE AUGUST 23 2014

Inventor Fusion SUPPORT WILL BE DISCOTINUED EFFECTIVE AUGUST 23 2014

Autodesk will discontinue Inventor Fusion effective August 23, 2014 due to redundancy with our Autodesk® Fusion 360™ product.  We will no longer provide Inventor Fusion updates or offer support on forums and our help desk.  Please read on to learn how to transition to Fusion 360.

Why is this happening?

Last year we introduced Fusion 360built based on feedback from users of Inventor Fusion. We heard you wanted a design tool that merged industrial and mechanical design, one that worked the way you do by incorporating collaboration and sharing from within the software, and one that was actually affordable.  We’ve been working hard over the past two years to develop Fusion 360 into the tool it is today.  To keep making Fusion 360 the best product for users, we need to devote all our efforts on it, and discontinue support for Inventor Fusion. 

What are my options?

You can choose one of two paths:

1.      Continue using Inventor Fusion.
  2.      Try Fusion 360. You will find that it is easy to move from Inventor Fusion to Fusion 360 and it starts at $25/month with free options available for startups, students and educators.

Wondering about Fusion 360?

If you’re feeling hesitant about Fusion 360, take a look through the information and videos on Fusion 360 website. 

We know you have questions…here are some answers

How do I get Fusion 360?

How much will Fusion 360 cost?  Inventor Fusion was free?

Fusion 360 starts at $25/month for an annual subscription.  If you are a startup, student, or educator we’ve made Fusion 360 free to use.  Startups can use Fusion 360 free for one year, students and educators have free access for three years*.

I started using Inventor Fusion because it was the only 3D CAD tool available on a Mac, is Fusion 360 available on a Mac?

Yes.  Fusion 360 was designed for both Mac and PC.  You can download Fusion 360 on as many computers as you like.

Is Fusion 360 hard to learn?

If you have used Inventor Fusion, you will find that Fusion 360 has all the same familiar functionality and user experience of Inventor Fusion. If you have not used Inventor Fusion, you can expect a short learning curve.  Most people find they’re designing productively in just a few hours, some even less.

How do I transfer all of my data from Inventor Fusion to Fusion 360?

You can easily use your Inventor Fusion designs in Fusion 360 by uploading them to a project and you are ready to go.

Need more help?

If you want person-to-person assistance, please send us an email. Fusion team can answer questions about Inventor Fusion support ending, or help you transition to Fusion 360.

*Free Autodesk software licenses and/or cloud-based services are subject to acceptance of and compliance with the terms and conditions of the license agreement or terms of service, as applicable, that accompany such software or cloud-based services

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report