Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is creating videos from the Inventor Animations? What software are you using

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
383 Views, 7 Replies

Who is creating videos from the Inventor Animations? What software are you using

I am the only designer in a small company installing swinging bells in church steeples. One of the functions my predecessor performed was creating customer specific videos for customers, showing their situation, my company's addition.  These videos included text, music, sound as well as the animation. Pretty much a mini movie for the customer to enjoy, share and use to raise funds. The previous designer was using Windows Moviemaker. Basically taking screen captures of the animation and splicing things together with text and sound. It was an effective method, but one I'm not familiar with. I am looking to take up the reigns on this task, but wanted to see if there was anybody else doing this sort of thing. I'm not tied to Windows Moviemaker, it's just a free software package. I can use it,  or not use it as I'm not familiar with it any way. If there is something better to use, I can just as easily train myself on it.

Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
swalton
in reply to: Anonymous

Last time I did something like that, I used Windows Moviemaker.  Is it still available?

I used Inventor Studio to build my animations, rendered them to individual jpgs, and used WMM to stitch everything together.  That way, I could render each "shot" of the animation as a separate unit.  When the client added additional parts/components or new shots, I just had to render that 5-30 seconds of the animation, not the entire 300 seconds (5-10 min rendering time per frame, 24 frames/second adds up). I also used WMM to define the transitions between shots.

I made a spreadsheet to track which group of frames went to each shot so I could import them into WMM in the correct order.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2024
Vault Professional 2024
Message 3 of 8
JDMather

I think that Windows MovieMaker has been discontinued.

Camtasia Studio

or

Adobe Premiere

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

If I need to go the extra mile (like want you're indicating), I use Tech Smith Camtasia Studio (but that's what I have as a software offering in my company).   However I've had some issues with the output from Inventor Studio here and there and getting it into  Camtasia Studio.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks for the replies.....

MovieMaker is no longer being supported. But you can still get copies of the software.....

Message 6 of 8
philip1009

The best replacement to use would be 3DS Max as it supports import of CAD files and has the tools for rendering and animations, it just depends on if you have access through a collection or suite, and it can take some time to learn the software.

Message 7 of 8
brad

I've been using VSDC  video editor. Free version, and a pro version for $20.

The free version far exceeds what Windows movie maker can do.

Lots of ability to add pictures, video, text, sounds, and tweak everything to your heart's content.

There is a bit of a learning curve, but if you were proficient at Movie Maker, you'll get up to speed in VSDC in a few hours or less.

Message 8 of 8
Cris-Ideas

Hi,

I use Adobe Premiere Elements.

Quite simple and cheep.

Cris.

Cris,
https://simply.engineering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report