Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is TEMPLATE folder

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
40351 Views, 12 Replies

Where is TEMPLATE folder

Have downloaded Inventor 2014 and I need to put a Customized border in the template folder for my use with drawings. Where exactly is template folder. I can not find it?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Paul-Mason
in reply to: Anonymous

For IV 2012 for a single user templates should be in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Templates

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

when you open inventor follow the image:

templatefolder.png

Message 4 of 13
blair

Or just open the new Drawing Template file and do the Save-As and you have the option to save as Template. It will put it in the correct directory for you.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 13
blair
in reply to: blair

Not sure if it's Save As or Save Copy As, but the option is there.

Sitting at the airport without access to Inventor

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 13
mrattray
in reply to: blair

It's: Save As > Save Copy As Template
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

I have created several drawing template for several different sheet sizes and also several different title blocks. I made a folder on the server called drafting shared and I want to save all of these templates in a folder on the server and have all of the drafters in my department use these templates. I want IV to look in this folder and see all of the templates and allow us to choose which drawing template that best fits our job. Any idea on how to do this? 

Message 8 of 13
blair

You would need to change the Inventor>Application Options>Default Templates: location to point this to your Folder on your Server.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 13
mcgyvr

You should get some professional training.

If you were properly trained, templates/project files,etc.. should be a no-brainer for you.

You seem to not know anything about "projects" in Inventor.

AND if you don't set them up properly now you are going to hate yourself when you finally find out how bad you screwed up not knowing what you are doing..

Or when the rest of your drafters say "whats with gatnact.. he didn't know wtf he was doing and now screwed us"

yes.. sounds a bit harsh but its true..Inventor needs to be setup properly and "inventor is a professional program and requires a professional level of training"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 10 of 13
ehayes1293
in reply to: mcgyvr

d

Message 11 of 13
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: ehayes1293

@ehayes1293

Did you reply by mistake or do you have an issue?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 12 of 13
ehayes1293
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

was replying to wrong thread. Couldn't see how to delete reply, so just left as one character
Message 13 of 13
ehayes1293
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

was replying to wrong thread. Couldn't see how to delete reply, so just left as one character

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report