Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual components at tree

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
l.kalkowski
429 Views, 4 Replies

Virtual components at tree

Hello. I have problem with virtual components. Normally when I add some virtual component it has icon with color at tree. Now something happend (probbably during isolating) and all my old components has grey icon at tree. When I copy these with grey icon, it shows up with blue icon. Does anyone know what happend and  how undo that? What mean if virtual component has grey icon? Thank you

A41541B6-2094-44B0-B2F3-D4711C640AC5.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
-niels-
in reply to: l.kalkowski

I managed to get the icon for virtual parts to change color by isolating them together with an actual part, so that might indeed be what happened.

If you can't "undo isolate" to correct this, then does making "all visible" for the active design view work?

(do they become normal when you switch to the master design view?)

afbeelding.png

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 5
l.kalkowski
in reply to: -niels-

It works! I didnt know that It is possible to make virtual components not visible. Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
-niels-
in reply to: l.kalkowski

I didn't know either, individually you can't change their visibility but isolate seems to be a special case.

In older versions of Inventor you can only 'undo isolate' one single isolate command,  so that can get you in an irreversible state where you need to make everything visible through the design view again.

(i tried in IV2022 and i can undo multiple isolate levels, so that was a nice surprise. need to check in IV2021...)

@johnsonshiue I don't see any reason why virtual components would need to participate in "isolate", so maybe this is something to be logged as a "defect"/possible change? (if it isn't already)

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: -niels-

Hi Niels,

Indeed, I think we made some code change to allow Undo Isolate to work more intuitively.

Regarding Virtual Component participating in Isolate, I guess it was like an intended omission. Basically, any node in an assembly browser can be selected -> right-click -> Isolate. If you do Window-Select, it will filter out Virtual Component naturally.

Certainly, one can argue that VC should be filtered out in the browser. But, it may come at the price of performance, since certain check will be needed.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report