Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA error out of nowhere

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
systemdesigninc
513 Views, 5 Replies

VBA error out of nowhere

Nothing has changed, nothing is different but all of a sudden Inventor 2019 is giving me a VBA error out of the blue. This getting old with the amount of buggy errors that just crop up in inventor. For the cost this is unacceptable. How is a business supposed to make money when this garbage keep cropping up?? Install issues, update issues, memory issues. Does anyone know how to actually code at autodesk??? How does it just lose track of VBA??

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: systemdesigninc

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/VBA-N...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
systemdesigninc
in reply to: mcgyvr

for 2020 and 2021 only. I need the 2019 version which seems impossible to find on autodesk.com because apparently they think they judge when people go to the new versions.

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: systemdesigninc

And FWIW I've had very few errors with Autodesk software in general.. Can't remember a single install/update/memory issue for sure. Could be something specific about your computer or environment/permissions/AV software,etc... 

If you'd like to go into detail about your other issues we can try to help there too. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
systemdesigninc
in reply to: mcgyvr

Inventor 2019 have been running perfectly fine on this computer for the better part of 4 years now and all of a sudden this cropped up over they weekend. Nothing changed on this PC. No hardware or software changes at all. 

Message 6 of 6

Hi! If It has been running fine, I am not sure why VBA does not run on Inventor 2019 any more. It feels like a system process or Windows security measure blocking it from running. Please take a look at the following article for Inventor 2019.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Inve...

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report