Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Check In - Cannot resolve an open file.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
imajar
441 Views, 9 Replies

Vault Check In - Cannot resolve an open file.

Beating my head against this - I cannot get vault to upload this assembly because of an unresolved reference.  Thing is, the unresolved reference is the same open document I am trying to upload!  Any thoughts?

Inv 2019.4

Vault 2019.3

Error.PNG

Aaron Jarrett, PE
Inventor 2019 | i7-6700K 64GB NVidia M4000
LinkedIn

Life is Good.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: imajar

My first thought is, why is your project file checked out and why is it more up to date then what is in the Vault?

Next, was this a new assembly that you once upon a time checked into the vault?  Or, did you check it out and are now seeing this error?

If you do a rebuild all on this assembly, are there any errors in the design doctor?  The red cross.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 10
imajar
in reply to: Cadmanto

OK -

I checked the project back in, not sure why it was checked out. . .

Did a rebuild all, no issues are shown in design doctor, still have the issue.

The situation is this:  I've been trying to upload a new assembly to the vault.  The assembly was created locally, did a packngo, moved the files to the vault folders, now trying to upload the assembly to vault.  

It may be worth mentioning that the assembly was designed in INV 2018.  So, after the pack and go I ran the task scheduler to update all the files to 2019.  We just upgraded to 2019 last week, so this is the first vault upload with 2019.

I've also done update substitutes b/c the assembly has those.

Could it be related to this issue?

Aaron Jarrett, PE
LinkedIn

Life is Good.
Message 4 of 10
Cadmanto

It sounds similar to the link you attached.

What happens if you RC on each component of this assembly and check those in?

I am thinking some will check in while another(s) might not.  There would be your problem child.

On a slightly different topic, why didn't you do a copy design within Vault instead of the route you chose?

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@imajar 

I'm also confused by the pack n go part..   Pack n go is only used when you are sending your files outside of your organization.. 

The way I'm reading this is that you never had Vault before you upgraded..  Is that correct?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 10
imajar

@Cadmanto 

If I right clicked on each individual component gave mixed results - some yes, some no as you suspected. But now, I think I have found a solution.  The problem appears to be related to substitute assemblies - which I have fought before!  I was doing update substitutes with no success, but if I did updated substitutes and then switch to the master LOD, then for some reason it works. . .  After that, I can switch back to the LOD with the substitutes and everything seems to work OK.  

I didn't use copy design because I was bringing the assembly in from outside the vault.  (Can copy design be used to bring something in from outside?  I thought it just good for copying stuff that is already in the vault. . .)

@Mark.Lancaster 

Yes, we are just beginning to use vault..  And, yes, normally packngo would be used to send stuff to others, but I find that packngo is a good way to pull an assembly out of a dirty directory that has a bunch of design baggage from prototype or concept design phases.  What do people normally do to clean up directories?

Aaron Jarrett, PE
LinkedIn

Life is Good.
Message 7 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@imajar 

Have you thought of using the auto-loader function?   That way you can check your model structure even prior of going into Vault.

Even if the directory is filled with stuff not needed, its not going into Vault or perhaps I missing what you mean by dirty directory.

Is this Vault basic or a paid version of Vault?  Did you implement this allow or did you speak or hire a reseller or consultant to assist you?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 10
imajar
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yes, but the autoloader failed during verification.  My assumption was that it ran into the same issue as inventor . . .

And I think you understood correctly, when I have "cleaned up" directories in the past, it wasn't with the goal of uploading to the vault, it was with the goal of removing unnecessary files from a directory.  Now that we will be using vault, I suppose I could upload to the vault and archive or delete the local directory to clean up unnecessary files.

It is vault basic. . . I implemented it.  (I did speak to our reseller about helping, but our needs were pretty simple, so I ended up doing it)

Aaron Jarrett, PE
LinkedIn

Life is Good.
Message 9 of 10
Cadmanto

Copy design is strictly within Vault.  Cannot be used for files outside of the Vault.

What do you mean by "substitute assemblies"??  I think there is where your issue lies.  How are these assemblies created?  When you open them up individually inside of Inventor, do they give you issues checking into the Vault?

Just a thought, but have you considered creating iassemblies?  You can hide/suppress files inside of the member table without having to create LOD's.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 10 of 10
imajar

By Substitute assemblies I mean derived or shrinkwrapped assemblies.  When I have used vault in the past, these have been problematic -This support article talks about, its just that the issue with this version of inventor (or maybe this particular assembly?) took a different face and the instructions in the support article were not sufficient.  And no, I haven't used iassemblies - but driving things with a table sounds interesting - I'll have to check it out.  Thanks for the tip.

Capture.PNG

Aaron Jarrett, PE
LinkedIn

Life is Good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report