Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to balloon certaon components in DWG (view of IPN)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
skotzur
404 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to balloon certaon components in DWG (view of IPN)

The DWG in question has a view of an IPN of an ASY. Some components simply will not accept balloons in the view of the IPN. When placing a view of the IAM, all components are able to be ballooned. All components in question have a BOM structure of normal. When those same components are placed into a new assembly, a new IPN is created, and a  new drawing is created with those same views, the issue does not reoccur.

The components in question MAY have been placed into the ASY via a Right-Click>Component>Replace at some point in its history. Edit: I have done a Component>Replace in my new, recreated assembly and that did not cause the same failure.

Some troubleshooting has been performed, but no solution has been found.  See linked screencast for details: https://autode.sk/3ySupFX

Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
skotzur
in reply to: skotzur

Link to screencast: https://autode.sk/3ySupFX

Message 3 of 5
skotzur

Bump to the top. Anyone from Autodesk want to shed some light on this, or take a look at a dataset?

Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! I believe this is a known issue (reported as INVGEN-54019). I checked the defect status. It is currently targeting 2022.2 update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
skotzur
in reply to: johnsonshiue

OK Johnson, thanks. I hope the issue gets rectified soon. On this particular assembly since it is not complicated there wasn't too much pain caused by the issue. On a more complex assembly though it would be frustrating to need to create the whole IPN over again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report