Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube and Pipe crashes in 2024

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
len.krenzler
524 Views, 9 Replies

Tube and Pipe crashes in 2024

We are unable to get Tube and Pipe to work with 2024.  If we open and assembly, make or edit a Tube and Pipe run, the next time we open it, Inventor crashes instantly.

Anyone else having this issue?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jeanchile
in reply to: len.krenzler

For the record, I am also experiencing this issue.

Inventor Professional
Message 3 of 10
lesmfunk

Thanks for the post. I'm surprised that you haven't received an official response yet. I guess our perpetual licenses will be used for a while. @johnsonshiue @CGBenner

Message 4 of 10
len.krenzler

2023 tube and pipe worked really well but there is definitely a problem in 2024.

Message 5 of 10
len.krenzler

Looks like this might be the issue.  Might be a windows issue which is no surprise.  If I find a fix I'll post it.

"I took a quick look at the crash report. It seems to be related to Microsoft .Net install."

Message 6 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi Folks,

I have located the report Len submitted. It does seem to be related to certain Add-Ins and Microsoft .Net 4.8. It is still unclear to me what caused the crash. I am working with the project team to understand the issue better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 10
len.krenzler
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks a million Johnson!
Message 8 of 10
jeanchile

I did a clean reinstall of IV2024 and actually updated Windows beforehand. Not sure which of those steps appears to have fixed my issue (I didn't see the .net stuff in my crash info) but T&P seems to be working just fine for me now. Thanks for all the help though Johnson!

Inventor Professional
Message 9 of 10
len.krenzler
in reply to: jeanchile

Thank you for the info.

Message 10 of 10
len.krenzler
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I think I found something very strange.  If I right click and select ‘edit’ it crashes.  If I double click to enter edit mode, it does not crash.  edit.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report