Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUBE AND PIPE AUTHORING

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
msfarley
634 Views, 7 Replies

TUBE AND PIPE AUTHORING

Trying to author pipe fitting but menu is greyed out all other authoring styles are available

Inventor 2018

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: msfarley

@msfarley 

What menu is greyed out?  It would help share screenshots of what you're seeing...   We can't see your screen  😁

Update: If I know what you're referring to, I would ask have you created your own read/write custom read/write library and copied over the related T&P section from a read only/provided CC library?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8
msfarley
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Trying to author pipe fitting but menu is greyed out all other authoring styles are available

TubePipe Menu.jpg

Message 4 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Maybe you wan to check if Tube&Pipe Add-In is loaded. Go to Tools -> Add-Ins -> Routed System Tube&Pipe.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 8
msfarley
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Everything is loaded.

Message 6 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Please install 2018.3 update followed by 2018.3.8 update. These updates are needed if you are on Win10 build 1903.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 8
stuart_bassil

@msfarley 

Did you ever get this resolved?

I had a similar problem when I made a simplified part from an assembly. I didn't realise that the default template was set to  Sheet Metal.ipt and then I couldn't author the part as tube and pipe. I then did it over making sure to use Standard.ipt as the template and then it worked fine.

It may not be the solution for you but it might help someone else who finds this thread.

Message 8 of 8
samceEVUCV
in reply to: stuart_bassil

Yes converting it to a a standard fixed it for me and im using 2021 software.

Enviroments --> Convert --> Convert to normal part

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report