Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance Features Inside Respective Feature Tools

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kevinelliott89
502 Views, 3 Replies

Tolerance Features Inside Respective Feature Tools

I have to place specific tolerances on most of the features I create for machined parts. It would be very useful to be able to add tolerances to features like extrusions within the tool similar to how you can add tolerance to holes within the hole tool. Currently, to add tolerances to features, you have to complete the feature, right click on it in the tree, select show dimensions, and edit the tolerance from the shown dimensions. Being able to do it within the tool would save a lot of unnecessary steps.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: kevinelliott89

@kevinelliott89 

Hello,

This is not a new idea, apparently others have asked about this in the past.  Please visit THIS IDEA, and cast your vote and/or comment to see if you can get some feedback on it.

Good luck!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4

Hi Kevin,

Inventor's tolerance control isn't on a per feature basis. It is actually at the document level and parameters level. Go to Tools -> Doc Settings -> Tolerance. There you can define default tolerance based on precision. On the Parameters table, click on each parameter expression (value) -> click on the right arrow button -> Tolerance. There you can define the tolerance for each parameter.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4

Yes, I have my default tolerances set, but for my application, most features have unique tolerances for fits, sealing surfaces, etc. I have used the parameters method in the past, but i feel it would be more convenient to have it built directly into more features.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report