Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Text Styling

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2590 Views, 6 Replies

Title Block Text Styling

Hi all,

I'm currently using Inventor 2017 Pro and having some issues with title blocks.  I have created a custom Inventor Title Block with various text sizes throughout the block.  Saving it in the Standard.dwg has no issues and creating a new drawing pulls up the title block just as I would like it to.  However, whenever I change the Note Text (ANSI) style to a larger size (to easier read dimensions and annotations) on the drawing, some of the text becomes the same size as the Note Text.  I find it strange that only some of the text changes while other text in the title block stays the same. Is there any way to force the title block text to be a specific text size regardless of the styling options chosen?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:  It seems that all text that is 0.100in does not change in size but all other text changes, weird.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! This largely depends on what text style drives the text. It sounds like there might be a different text style driving some of the text. If you cannot figure it out, please feel free to attach an example here and forum experts can comment further.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for the response!  I've been trying to mess with the various styles but it seems that I am unable to change which style the title block text is associated with.  My Standard.dwg is attached as well as before and after images of what happens when I change the Note Text from 0.120 in to 0.240 in.  Thanks again!

Message 4 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

The text that only changes in your titleblock when you update the style is based on how it was created.  It was created with the style.  The other text within your titleblock was already changed (different text height) nd no longer considered the true standard anymore and thus they will not update.   Is that what you are looking for, the reason why?  Or did I not fully understand your requirements/needs?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks for the response, but it's not quite what I'm looking for.  I understand that the some of the text styling is different than others (for some reason), but I am looking for a way to change all of the text styles in my title block to match the text style that is independent of the Note Text style.  I'm just trying to find a way that my title block text will stay the same height regardless of the Note Text style (I don't change any other styles so if we could somehow change the title block text to be associated with another style that would work beautifully).  For some reason when I highlight text in the title block the "Text Style" dropdown menu is greyed out so I am unable to associate it with a different style of text.  Thanks again.

Message 6 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

No this is not possible through the text editor...  In the editor you can highlight the text and change the font and size but you can't change the drawing text style (in that dialog) after its been created.  To overcome this, click on the text you want to change the style, go to the annotation tab and at the end of the ribbon you can change the style it belongs to.

2018-01-08_16-58-06.jpg

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Fantastic!  This is exactly what I was looking for, weird that you can't just change it from the text editor.  Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report