Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thread connection in assembly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3808 Views, 5 Replies

thread connection in assembly

I want to put a threaded bolt in a threaded hole, until the bolt comes in contact with the bottom of the hole in .iam file. does anyone did that before ? please help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Mate or mate with offset or Insert with offset.

Attach your assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

easiest is just an "insert" constraint using the bottom of the bolt and the bottom of the hole.

I NEVER use mate with bolts/screws,etc.. just more work. 1 insert and done

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I have to type detailed issue. I create the thread on both sides (bolt and hole) with coil. In .iam I've put with 'mate' the bottom flnge of bolt thread with top flange of hole thread ; and also axial align. Now if I turn the bolt this move also in  thread direction. I want this bolt to touch the bottom of the hole as constraint along with others described above. Thank you for your help. Your support is much appreciated.

Message 5 of 6
JDMather

Attach your assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to type detailed issue. I create the thread on both sides (bolt and hole) with coil. In .iam I've put with 'mate' the bottom flnge of bolt thread with top flange of hole thread ; and also axial align. Now if I turn the bolt this move also in  thread direction. I want this bolt to touch the bottom of the hole as constraint along with others described above. Thank you for your help. Your support is much appreciated.

Use a mate (with constraint limits to define its min/max) on the bottom face of the bolt tip and the bottom of the hole.

Or use contact solver.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report