Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The first sketch in template is always "Sketch2" - how to get "Sketch1"?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
j.pavlicek
352 Views, 6 Replies

The first sketch in template is always "Sketch2" - how to get "Sketch1"?

Hello, I have a Template for my IPTs, where the first created sketch is named "Sketch2" (then "Sketch3", "Sketch4" and so on). Probably it's because I created a sketch in this template and delete it.

But how to reset sketch counting? I'd like to start my models with "Sketch1".

Inventor 2022, Windows 10 Pro
Sorry for bad English.
Tags (1)
Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pcrawley
in reply to: j.pavlicek

It happens because you have (at some point) created a part file, then a sketch (Sketch1), then deleted that sketch and saved the part as your template.  Hence you always start with "Sketch2".

Either:

• Copy the "Standard.ipt" from "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2023\Templates" folder and save it as your new part template, or
  • Ctrl+Shift+Click the "New icon on the quick access toolbar at the very top-left of the screen.  This lets you create a completely unpolluted template - it's as clean as you can get.
Peter
Message 3 of 7
j.pavlicek
in reply to: pcrawley

Thank you, for confirmation of my hypothesis.

Copying a blank template is no solution for me. There is too much changes in my template.

Sorry for bad English.
Message 4 of 7
MattEds
in reply to: pcrawley

Is it as simple as changing this option in your application options?

MattEds_0-1649709909915.png

Message 5 of 7
j.pavlicek
in reply to: MattEds

Unfortunately no.

My problem is this:

inv-sketch2.gif

Sorry for bad English.
Message 6 of 7
karthur1

This is actually an on-going problem that has been around for over 20 years.  Autodesk doesn't seem to have any plans on "fixing" this.  If I were in your shoes, I would do whatever it takes to get back to "sketch1".  Even if it means redoing your template.

There is a post on the Idea station if you want to vote for it.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/feature-sketch-numbers-reset-ability/idi-p/4378343#com...

Kirk

Message 7 of 7
SBix26

I think you could copy almost everything from your existing template into a new one.  Certainly all iLogic rules, styles, sketch blocks; parameters and iProperties, too.  What else would be a problem to transfer to a new, blank template?

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2023 | Windows 10 Home 21H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report