Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
blugene05
41396 Views, 14 Replies

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)

I was already upgrade my laptop to windows 8.1 preview 64-bit,

I have this only one error when was start my cad application autodesk inventor pro 2014 student version.

0xc0000142.png

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
samiharada
in reply to: blugene05

Please look at the following link.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2014-Error-0xC0000142-on-Windows-8/td-p/435...

Thank you,

-Sami Harada

Email_Signature_Logobar.jpg

Inventor Framework QA

Autodesk Inc.

Message 3 of 15
blugene05

thanks a lot.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

To fix Windows 8.1 and Inventor issues:

0xc0000142.png

1- Download this:

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1

Summary of Issues Fixed by this Service Pack

Application Functionality
•Editing an OLE file within an Inventor document does not fire OnFileDirty event and Document.Dirty returns incorrectly.
•The large icon of Macros command does not display in the Ribbon.
•Create New File dialog box lists all folders at the same level as the template folder if your template direction is mapped from a network drive.
•Create New File dialog box does not remember the last configuration in details view.
Cannot launch Inventor on Windows 8.1 Preview operating system.

2- Install it

3- Then run Inventor again.

Boom! 🙂

My Setup:

- ASUS U36SD

- 1TB HDD

- 16GB DDR3 RAM

- Intel Core i5 2430M @2.40GHz

- nVidia GeForce GT 520M (version 331.65)

- Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit) see more info on next line

- Started with a clean/fresh install of Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) and then upgraded to Windows Pro 8.1 (64-bit)

- Turned OFF UAC for install and had no 3rd party AntiVirus/Firewall Protection (except for what came with Windows)

Nicholas A. Shake

Message 5 of 15
downes.laken
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you! You finally gave me something that worked!!

Message 6 of 15
jccalverad

Thanks a LOT! I had tried anything and it didn't work, but then I followed your steps and everything was solved!!!  Thank you!!!! :DDDDD

Message 7 of 15
coinutah
in reply to: samiharada

I have win 10 and I am getting this error is there a work around? Thank you
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: coinutah

I have WIndows 10 as well and have the same error message. Still havent found the solution.

Message 9 of 15
Mark.Lancaster

What version of Inventor do you have?   At this time only Inventor 2016 is supported under Win 10.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thank you! I have Windows 10 so it makes sense now!
Message 11 of 15
mcgyvr

Whenever you install Inventor (or any program for that matter) ALWAYS..repeat..ALWAYS make sure you are also checking for/updating any updates/hotfixes/service packs,etc.. for that software.. 

Also update any graphics card drivers for programs that are graphic intensive like Inventor.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 12 of 15
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: mcgyvr

Whenever you see this error message on Inventor startup, it's due to running an unpatched version of Inventor on either win8.1 or win10.

The fix is to first install the latest/greatest SP's &/or Updates for your Inventor version & then manually register the Inventor dll's with the OS using the information in the solution section of this Technical Solution TS22238097.

Official win10 supports is clamied for Inventor 2016, but earlier versions (back to 2011) should work fine as long as you have the latest updates installed/registered.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 15
D_a_n_d_y

Hi, guys !

My problem is a little bit differ. Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 run without any errors on my Win 8.1. But then I decided to install Inventor OEM and I can't run it (Inventor Professional works fine). I've tried both SP1 and SP2. Also I've tried these steps https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/The-ap...

but nothing works 😞 Any ideas?

Thanks

Kirill

Message 14 of 15
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: D_a_n_d_y

Kirill,

The file which was "fixed" to support win8.1 & win10 is ...\Inventor 20XX\Bin\rse.dll

you could try taking that file from your normal Inventor installation & replacing the problem rse.dll version on your OEM installation. You might need to force the re-registration of it by running the equivalent of ..\Inventor 20XX\Bin\Inventor.exe /install

I'm not familiar enough with OEM to know exactly what the Inventor.exe equivalent is.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 15
D_a_n_d_y
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Wow, Chris, this is really works !

I just copied rse.dll from "...Inventor 2014\Bin" to "...Inventor OEM 2014\Bin" and OEM works fine now !

Thanks a lot !!!

Kirill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report