Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly constraints dont work on assemblies

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
labrakis6JLPE
302 Views, 8 Replies

Suddenly constraints dont work on assemblies

Hello all!
I have been buliding an assemby for the last three days.
I saved it last night. Today i opened the filed in order to continue. I added a new part and begun adding constraints as usual. The "the asse,bly cannot be solved" error appeared.
At first i thought it was a conflicting constraint and spent sometime trying to figure where it was.
As i continued i realised that no constraint would work anymore. No part would be moved, 
I googled, i found the common "defer update" box, it was not ticked i ticked and now i can hear the usual sound but part dont move. The preview glasses are also greyed out.
I tried to make a new assembly but no constraint is accepted. 
Any ideas?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CCarreiras
in reply to: labrakis6JLPE

HI!

Try Inventor reset tool.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 9

which is where??

Message 4 of 9

Well! Problem solved! I discovered a constraint in another part (totally irrelevant) with the new ones i was trying ti aply that was blocking ...the whole universe. I deleted it and everything is back to normal. 
For the history of it, the defer update button i found on google did nothing at all (i have no idea what it is about) and when it is pressed the preview button goes off.

Thanks anyway!

Message 5 of 9
CCarreiras
in reply to: labrakis6JLPE

The Defer constrain only aply the constrain when you click UPDATE, doesn't apply with OK or make the preview, and that's why the glasses turn to grey.... the glasses are the constrain preview.

BTW, for future needs, the inventor reset tool is here:

ccarreiras_0-1656439872138.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 6 of 9

Hi! If you are on 2023.0 (RTM), please install 2023.0.1 update. There is a known issue very similar to yours got fixed in the update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 9
labrakis6JLPE
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thank you so much fir the tip!

Message 8 of 9

I have the 21 version!!
Message 9 of 9

Hi! Then please share the files that you are working on. The behavior sounds like preexisting failed constraints or adaptive related.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report