Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Shape Authoring doesn't output to Content Center Family

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nsappZS6WZ
100 Views, 2 Replies

Structural Shape Authoring doesn't output to Content Center Family

Hello!

I'm trying to create my own custom structural shape for use in Frame Generator. I've successfully created the extrusion and published to my Read/Write Library - I've gotten to the point where I can open the Frame Generator, navigate to my part, and use it in the assembly successfully.

The issue I'm facing is that I can't see my frame in the Content Center editor at all. On the dropdown I've selected my Read/Write Library, and I've selected the correct category (Other) that I pushed my custom frame to, but I'm not seeing the family that I created anywhere. I haven't seen any forum posts with this specific issue and every YouTube tutorial I find shows their created family in the Content Center editor immediately after publishing the custom frame. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, in my effort to solve this problem, I've riddled my Frame Generator selection areas with random families, standards, etc. that I created for testing purposes, and I want to be able to delete them. If they're not showing up in the Content Center editor, where could I find them and remove them?

Thanks so much!

Nate
(Inventor 2023)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: nsappZS6WZ

Check the Library View to be sure it includes your library; check the filters to be sure that you are including all standards, or at least the one(s) you know you used in your custom profiles.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2025.0.1 | Windows 11 Home 23H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 3 of 3
nsappZS6WZ
in reply to: SBix26

That was it! Much appreciation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report